Amazon Scams

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Amazon Scams

Postby mrfish » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:51 am

BallaratBob wrote:I've noticed that Amazon often price gouges to a point of absurdity. I saw an item I could get at WalMart for about $4 selling on Amazon for almost $17. Another item I could get at Big5 for about $120 was listed on Amazon for just over $250. It's almost criminal to overcharge by that much. There should be a law that limits the amount that can be charged for an item and that keeps companies like Amazon from doing this sort of dishonest thing.

I've noticed that too. There should be some kind of lowest price guarantee or a warning when the price of an item is higher than it would be from other sources. Keep 'em honest is what I always say and Amazon is far from honest much of the time.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:39 am

mrfish: Amazon prices are usually pretty good, but I've seen some which have been ridiculous!
:smack:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cloud » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:21 am

tronagirl: Amazon is inconsistent. That's why I usually go to WalMart.com whenever I can. For all the bad things people have to say about WalMart, they do keep their prices down reliably. You never know on Amazon.
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to Want Ads