South of the Border

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: South of the Border

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 am

Somebody sneaks across the border with a kid. Claims the kid or kids is theirs. Is it? Is it a kidnapped kid being used as a pawn to try and get into the Land of Milk and Honey? Is it a youth being smuggled into the states to be sold into a sex slave for some pervert? So, to be safe the authorities try and do a background check with limited resources. Better safe than sorry. Meanwhile the adults sneaking into the states claims they are seeking asylum for what? Religious reasons, meaning they cannot practice their chosen religion. Fear of genocide, not aware of that problem in the Western Hemisphere. Maybe because you claim sexual harassment because of one reason or another? I don’t see understand the justification to sneak into a country, lying, cheating, and stealing and breaking the law. I thought about those words and hope you do also before telling me I generalized and lumped all those crossing the border illegally. The words that need to be carefully analyzed are “crossing the border illegally.” If you don’t like the laws for immigration, then change them legally. Presidential order is not the answer. Congress needs to do it. With that said the current ruling party is being criticized for enforcing current laws. Laws that have been on the books for decades. Just because the previous administration did not enforce the law of the land, they picked and chose, likely to pander votes, doesn’t mean the next administration has to. I don’t like parents and children being split up. We see it everyday in cities across the nation when a parent of parents breaks the law. We now see it at the border to non-citizens with now documentation and for no legal reason to even be in this country. I have not heard of any children being separated from anyone legally entering the country. The border crisis is a political issue that only congress and fix. But for politics people are going to suffer because of the upcoming election, this issue is all the left have to hang a hat on, a very small hat at that. I will wrap up with a conspiracy idea. Maybe the border is being flooded lately because of an organized effort to create an issue just for upcoming election.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 am

sandman wrote:Priority one is to deport ALL illegal aliens. Priority two is to do it for the least possible cost to taxpayers. And then and only then do we worry about being nice!

Trump signs order to keep families together at border
It looks like Trump decided to be nice
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 am

He bowed down to pressure on that. He still hasn't committed to catch and release yet. That would kill any chance of re election. From my point of view anyway. What I don't understand when a criminal is under arrest in 'frisco isn't the child taken away from the criminal?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

Sparky of SoCal: The argument I've heard is that entering the country illegally is a MISDEMEANOR and that normally parents are not separated from children in such cases. Usually it takes a felony to justify such separation. The problem is that the law as it applies to CITIZENS should not be interpreted as automatically applying to NON-CITIZENS. Therefore, I believe that separating parents from children of illegal immigrants is completely justifiable. This is especially true if there is no documentation that the adults are actually related to the children as you noted in an earlier post.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:26 am

Trump Addresses Families Who Lost Children To Crimes By Undocumented Immigrants
The president has the correct priorities. The rights of citizens should be protected and not taken for granted.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:13 am

TIME forced to issue correction for misleading cover photo
The anti-Trump propaganda campaign gets exposed from time to time. Usually they just double down which keeps the choir on their side, but more and more people are realizing that they're being lied to by the mainstream media.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:27 am

Where Was The Left When Obama Was Doing The Same Thing?
The mainstream media keeps the facts from the public. Why? They're doing the same thing in Europe. Why?
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:55 am

‘News media is not telling you Obama back in 2014 separated many children from their parents’
Fake news by omission. No one complained when Obama did it, but suddenly it's a big deal because Trump did it. Libtards want Trump to fail and so they'll complain no matter what he does.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:49 am

Mexico elects leftist president by a landslide
If Mexico gives its people reason to want to stay, maybe that will help solve the immigration crisis here in the USA.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pdm » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Final Thoughts - Reboot of the Eisenhower Doctrine
Eisenhower was SOOOOO politically incorrect!!!! OMG!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues