Fukushima

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Could PGE's Diablo Nuclear Plant be the Next Fukushima?

Postby James Sel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 am

Sparky of SoCal wrote:I think it is all who you believe. One might have to think twice about just about everything you read,
http://www.westernjournalism.com/enviro ... es-frauds/ Just saying...

Sometimes its hard to accept the science and easier to disagree with it. Because the finding and consensus my be inconvenient and lead to lifestyle changes that one does not want to make. So people believe what we want to believe without carefully and unbiasedly studying the data. After taking the position of convenience, "Denial", it is easy to jump on the corporate band wagon and side with there ridiculous rhetoric.
About Western Journalism.com , it is a conservative source pushing an agenda and they no only disregard facts that do not serve them well they construct and redesign information to do as they will with it. The founder and still main stakeholder is Joesph Farah who has promulgated the following... "It'll plague Obama throughout his presidency. It'll be a nagging issue and a sore on his administration, much like Monica Lewinsky was on Bill Clinton's presidency" and "It's not going to go away, and it will drive a wedge in an already divided public." :eek:

I figure one that argues that scientists make shit up just so they have work applies to journalist too, but consider that to be just more rhetoric.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 am

You don’t think there may be one or two journalist who will slant or even stage a story to move a political agenda forward. That an organization would look the other way with test results for profit. That organization would have a staff of both scientist and doctors. A politician would vote for something to set up a sweet retirement deal. The world is changing, you have to question everything, and profit is king on both sides of the aisle. AFTER profit corporations, scientist, doctors, all other once the pockets are lined start pushing an ideology. I yes you are 100% correct; I will always lean to my comfort, my wallet until I am convinced. Those who want my money in taxes to clean up a mess that is not proven usually have plenty of money to maintain their comfort or are a bunch of folks who don’t pay the amount of taxes I do. Some are blinded by ideology they that some celebrity backs. Not all folks are like that but some are. Until I have concrete proof, I question everything.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:46 am

Experts claim abnormally high radiation along beaches being monitored at surfers beach and other areas is safe and not from Fukushima.

http://www.hmbreview.com/news/experts-s ... f887a.html

Apparently nobody keeping their jobs can find any radiation from Fukushima anywhere.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:11 am

Even PBS never dare mentions the "R" word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_I_B6U0GtI
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:22 am

Three Reasons Why Fukushima Radiation Has Nothing to Do with Starfish Wasting Syndrome ( The comments seem to thoroughly debunk this article and seem to indicate that everywhere starfish wasting disease was present, prior to Fukushima there were also abnormally high levels of cesium 137 present in the water and that starfish are particularly sensitive to it. )
http://deepseanews.com/2013/12/three-re ... -syndrome/
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby jarhead » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:13 am

The environazis want to weaken the USA by making all sorts of regulations that make it impossible for corporations to invest in America. A strong economy is the best way to vanquish our foes at home and abroad. A weak economy will lead to our demise. The world is a dangerous place and if you try to eliminate risk you'll be swallowed alive by those who are bold enough to do what must be done!
jarhead
Greenhorn

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:04 am

jarhead wrote:The environazis want to weaken the USA by making all sorts of regulations that make it impossible for corporations to invest in America. A strong economy is the best way to vanquish our foes at home and abroad. A weak economy will lead to our demise. The world is a dangerous place and if you try to eliminate risk you'll be swallowed alive by those who are bold enough to do what must be done!

You have a few great points there. I am in no way in favor of thrashing the planet. Really who is? Somehow we need to agree/develop a source of energy that will be safe and economical. That stuff takes time and in today’s world I think the public free market will develop that in time.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 am

There was more than enough oil and coal to power our needs till nuclear power or some alternative could be safely and economically developed. There are no long term storage plans for nuclear waste. If real terrorists or a war detonated a nuclear bomb at one of those places the consequences would be unthinkable.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:41 am

Gov’t Data: US hit with worst fallout the year AFTER Fukushima began — Radioactive cesium spiked to highest levels ever recorded in history of EPA’s radiation network

Published: October 1st, 2014 at 6:57 pm ET
By ENENews
Email Article Email Article
119 comments

EPA on Fukushima: “Radiation monitoring [lasted until] June 30, 2011… Elevated levels of radioactive material in rainwater [were] a result of the Japanese nuclear incident… In all cases, these are levels above the normal background… short-term elevations such as these do not raise public health concerns… EPA took steps to increase the level of monitoring of precipitation… After a thorough data review showing declining radiation levels in these samples, EPA has returned to the routine RadNet sampling…”

In reality, Fukushima cesium-134** was rising in EPA rain samples near San Francisco. This did not peak until the following year, when levels increased 5-fold over samples 9 months before.

Soon after the EPA’s Jan. 2012 results of 89 picocuries/liter of cesium in rain, Univ. of California Berkeley’s nuclear department reported finding no cesium-134 or -137 (MDA = 0.84 pCi/L). The sampling locations were about 5 miles apart.

These levels measured in 2012 are the highest ever recorded in the U.S. for total cesium and cesium-137 during the 5-decade history shown in EPA’s RadNet database,

**UC Berkeley: “If we measure 134Cs… we know that it came from Fukushima”

http://enenews.com/epa-data-hit-worst-f ... st-results
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:25 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues