Fukushima

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Fukushima

Postby surfsteve » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Fukushima: 2 years and nowhere near under control.

Postby cactuspete » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:55 pm

San Onofre nuclear power plant: Fukushima USA?
Also known as San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS)! It's been shut down for 14 months. Nuclear energy was a dumb idea from the beginning and now we're all paying for dumb decisions made decades ago!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:56 am

San Onofre is an accident waiting to happen. A bunch of idiots decided that it was ok to bore out the central support pillars to enable more production.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:21 am

As soon as I started watching this video I flipped on my Geiger counter to measure today's background radiation. With all the hype I was expecting it to be high but it's actually one of the lowest days I have ever noticed. Maybe it's from all the wind we've been getting the last few days. I have a feeling it would be a lot higher though if I were at the beach.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:37 am

The damage from Fukushima is so bad that no one is talking about it. Almost no one.

Here are a couple of British Columbia divers documenting a 200 kilometer drive along their coast during the super low tide that occurred during last weeks super moon. According to them the diversity of 1000's of species has been wiped out and only 4 species remain. Other than those 4, they claim the beaches are so devoid of life that they could have easily fit what they saw in the back of a pick up truck.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Diablo

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 am

Just when I was beginning to think that San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station was Trona's biggest concern this comes out in today's news almost directly up wind from us.

http://govtslaves.info/californias-fuku ... uake-away/

California’s Fukushima Is Just An Earthquake Away

The next west coast quake could easily shake the two reactors at Diablo Canyon to rubble.

They are riddled with defects, can’t withstand potential seismic shocks from five major nearby fault lines, violate state water quality laws and are vulnerable to tsunamis and fire.

Diablo Canyon
new fault line discoveries challenge Diablo’s “presumption of nuclear safety.”

http://www.citywatchla.com/8br-hidden/7 ... only-worse
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Diablo

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:14 am

I googled Diablo Canyon and some of the videos I am finding on youtube are alarming. Some are just plain weird.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:49 am

Today's discovery of fault lines near the Diablo plant are nothing new. Here's a video from 2011 showing they have been discovering new faults since construction on the plant began. You got to wonder if someone didn't know all these faults existed all along.

Diablo means devil in Spanish and according to the video translates to hell. Hell of a name for a nuclear power plant. Literally!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:26 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:09 am

I like most rational folks want the safest, most efficient, cleanest type of energy generation possible without any disruption to my lifestyle. I purposely used the words ‘most rational’ because I feel safe without going out of bounds. I am in the industry to a point but not making any more profit from one or the other producer. So with that said my concerns are going to be based on history that has yet to be rewritten but actual events that I can verify still today. The biggest killer as far as electric generation is water. Nuclear energy is safer by far buy historical numbers and all data. That kind of information can be backed up by facts, not assumptions or guesses. Not by political agendas or feelings.This website below is one of many you can document the truth.

http://io9.com/5783526/what-is-the-wors ... ot-nuclear
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Next

Return to News and Issues