Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Postby shadylady » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:55 am

surfsteve wrote:I'm sure there is a perfectly innocent explanation for this. Probably keeping a roll of quarters for the laundromat under there or a microphone to practice stand up comedy in case the job of first lady doesn't pan out!

Okay, I'll admit that's a funny video, but I hope no one is taking it seriously. It's a little bit mean-spirited, but since she's a public figure that's perfectly excusable. So, I guess it's a little uncomfortable, but still funny...
:dizzy:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:08 am

surfsteve wrote:Here's a pretty wild pizzagate theory!

The weirdness that this guy obsesses over in the video is very MILD. If you want HOT AND SPICY it's out there. For a person raised on conventional Hollywood movies, this might seem weird, but anyone who has viewed "art" films (especially erotic art movies) and foreign films will realize that the stuff is not really that far out there. It's just if you've never ventured outside the protective bubble of Americana, then this stuff might feel unfamiliar and therefore threatening in some way. (I think the word to use here is xenophobia - the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.) And then there's this guy's "concern" about symbols (primarily anything triangular). So, does this mean that Doritos, Christmas trees, and tents are all symbols which suggest something horrible?
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:21 am

In this video David Seaman uses Trumps tweets claiming that the the media said he was going to work on "The Apprentice" show were fake news, to bolster his claim that Pizza Gate is real. Of course the facts are real; but the speculations drawn from them still remain speculations...

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi Shadylady. I posted the last 2 videos you commented about as some of the crazier conspiracy theories out there that although unlikely, may still possibly be true. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle went either way. No pun intended!

Christopher Greene finally chimes in on Pizzagate

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Alex Jones Doesn't Like Gay Frogs!
Alex Jones doing what he does best! :wtf:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Crazy conspiracy theories usually soon fall apart but instead the evidence seems to be getting stronger for this one.

Obama Girls REAL PARENTS Found? Adopted By Michelle, Or Borrowed?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:12 pm

I haven't had time to verify if this is true or not so for now I'm posting it in the conspiracy thread. If anyone can verify it to be real please post the proof in the appropriate thread. I know the layout of the streets in Washington DC run like that but I have no idea if Comet Pizza is really located at the bottom of the partial pentagram. Isn't it actually supposed to be a square and compass? Normally I'd look it up myself but I been kinda busy ever since the big rain we had in Trona.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:32 am

"Pizzagate" Isn't Going Away
There's no cure for stupid. Ana seems to think that people can become more media literate and thereby become able to recognize fake news. I beg to differ. Stupid is stupid and there's nothing that can be done. ANYONE WHO EVEN FOR A SECOND BOUGHT INTO THIS PIZZAGATE MYTH IS A TOTAL RETARD. Sorry, but that's just the reality of the situation. [Cenk goes into a bit of tirade at the end and I disagree with much of what he says at that point. People who voted for Hillary are just as stupid as people who voted for Trump. And the Hillary crowd buys into the RUSSIAN HACKER MYTH and that's nearly as stupid as the PIZZAGATE MYTH. Intelligent people don't fall for these fake news stories. Fake News is as clearly fake as the kind of thing that appears in The Onion. I'm not sure that it's even possible to teach this type of discernment. It's basically what separates intelligent individuals from all the dumb bunnies you see hopping around all over the place.]
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 am

"See? Mr. Madison. There is nothing evil going on here." "Silly me. I must have acted in haste."

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:12 pm

shadylady wrote:"Pizzagate" Isn't Going Away
There's no cure for stupid. Ana seems to think that people can become more media literate and thereby become able to recognize fake news. I beg to differ. Stupid is stupid and there's nothing that can be done. ANYONE WHO EVEN FOR A SECOND BOUGHT INTO THIS PIZZAGATE MYTH IS A TOTAL RETARD. Sorry, but that's just the reality of the situation. [Cenk goes into a bit of tirade at the end and I disagree with much of what he says at that point. People who voted for Hillary are just as stupid as people who voted for Trump. And the Hillary crowd buys into the RUSSIAN HACKER MYTH and that's nearly as stupid as the PIZZAGATE MYTH. Intelligent people don't fall for these fake news stories. Fake News is as clearly fake as the kind of thing that appears in The Onion. I'm not sure that it's even possible to teach this type of discernment. It's basically what separates intelligent individuals from all the dumb bunnies you see hopping around all over the place.]

By nature Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs are not capable of telling the difference between fake news and legitimate news. I've known a few who actually believed that certain "news" articles posted at The Onion were for real. I had to painstakingly explain to them that The Onion is a comedy site that produces news satire. Reluctantly they eventually let go of their compulsion to believe the bullshit. I seriously believe that Conspiracy Theory Nutjob types are mentally handicapped and that the defect is physiological/genetic in nature. However, that does not prevent them from getting into positions of power and influence.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues