Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Postby shotgunmary » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Dead Men Tell No Tales :wtf:
The chances of this not being a conspiracy seem remarkably slim. If saying that makes me a conspiracy theory nutjob, then so be it!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:58 am

I agree, I don't think he had a chance to talk his way to a plea deal. Not that there was anyway he wasn't going to not spend the rest of his days behind bars. So much smoke there had to be a fire. He had dirt on so many people in powerful place, their actions were probably more overwhelming than the prosecutors.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:52 am

How Real Power Kills or Rescues: Epstein Death Evidence so Far

Epstein Death Evidence #1: Mysteriously, No CCTV Footage Available

Epstein Death Evidence #2: It Was Not a “Proper Prison Guard” Who Was Watching Epstein

Epstein Death Evidence #3: Epstein Not Checked Upon for Hours Before Alleged “Suicide”

Epstein Death Evidence #4: Epstein Did Not Get a New Cellmate the Day Before his “Death”

Epstein Death Evidence #5: 2 MCC Employees Told to Leave (Right Before Epstein “Died”)

Epstein Death Evidence #6: Epstein Hauled Off 2 Hours Before “Death”? Mysterious 4Chan Post

Epstein Death Evidence #7: Former MCC Inmate: Hanging Impossible

Epstein Death Evidence #8: Shouting and Shrieking? Or Not?

https://thefreedomarticles.com/epstein- ... d&owa_sid=
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 am

Sometimes conspiracy and incompetence look the same. I tend to think there is something fishy going on. I would not be surprised if stupidity took him out first though.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 am

MSNBC Has Gone Full INSANE Conspiracy Nut, Thinks Real news Is "Russian propaganda"
If Alex Jones and InfoWars is banned from YouTube, then why isn't Rachel Maddow and MSNBC also banned? If anything Maddow is much crazier than Jones.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:49 am

Why flat-Earth theory and anti-vax conspiracies exist
I think this guy has it backwards. My guess is that many people are missing certain genes (or alleles of certain key genes) which support logical thinking. In the absence of logical thinking, humans revert back to emotion and magical thinking. I think the mistake this guy makes is obvious and it may be that he's making it on purpose in order to sidestep a debate about intelligence. If in fact some people are missing key genes (or alleles of key genes), then we can go down the road of looking at patterns of inheritance which opens up questions about the possibility that there are isolated groups of "humans" who aren't quite actually fully evolved. Politically correct scientists throw up smoke screens for this type of discussion all the time. There are several reasons for this and lots of evidence of this, but I'm not going to get into that here.

A second oddity in this video is that for some reason the guy wants to talk about clouds at one point in this video and again he makes a bunch of false attributions. The tendency to see things in clouds is a reflection of our tendency to recognize patterns and also our creativity with some people having more or less of these abilities.

Finally, he makes another stupid statement about there being a gene for gossip, slander, and rumors. These things are complex behaviors influenced by dozens if not hundreds of genes and they tend to serve purposes related to information exchange and social control. To stupidly over-generalize about there being a specific gene for complex behavior is usually a symptom of politically correct thinking and he's definitely side-stepping or putting up a smoke screen or something because I don't think this guy is REALLY THIS STUPID. Of course, maybe he has a very limited understanding of certain areas of social and biological science and his strengths lie in other areas.... in which case he should probably keep his pie hole shut when it comes to discussing topics outside his areas of expertise. Often we see highly verbally proficient individuals saying really stupid stuff, but somehow managing to make it SOUND as if it is somehow intelligent or reasonable. Perhaps that's the true reason why conspiracy theories persist.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:16 am

cactuspete: :bow: NAILED IT!
Makes you wonder how such a supposedly smart guy can be so wrong so many times in such a short video!
Flat earth crap and anti-vax are dumb ideas, but everything else the guy said is complete crap!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby drdesert » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 am

cactuspete: Good call. This Michio Kaku guy is just talking out of his ass. So much of what he said is obviously stupid. It might be the case that he's merely speculating, but there's a difference between plausible, intelligent speculation and just plain dumb pseudo-logic strung together with empty verbiage.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby torn80 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Clinton slams Facebook for election failure, claims it wants Trump win
Hillary Clinton has taken over as the USA's number one conspiracy theorist. Alex Jones was never this crazy! But when all you have left to hold onto are conspiracy theories, then it's hard to let go!
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 am

torn80: And now a conspiracy theory about the Russians backing Bernie Sanders has emerged. There's a point where things get so stupidly unbelievable that it seems that only a raving idiot could make this stuff up and it takes a complete moron to believe any of it!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues