Atheists Unite!

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Atheists Unite!

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 pm

surfsteve wrote:

49 seconds I could watch it more than 49 seconds
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:10 am

Congratulations! If you watch that much every day you will be able to finish the entire 651 second video in a mere 13.28571428571429 days. That's less than two weeks! I have faith in you!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 am

surfsteve wrote:Congratulations! If you watch that much every day you will be able to finish the entire 651 second video in a mere 13.28571428571429 days. That's less than two weeks! I have faith in you!

The begin of the video was worse then the bible. Except the part before the lights came on that was kinda the same. Or was it a lens cover?
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:46 am

So you never made it to the part where Jesus dad, God, get's sent to Principal Sagan's office, for crossing off god of pastries, at his graduation ceremony, and writing in god of everything? By then I was hooked and had to watch it to see how it all turned out.
Did he really say that? It makes the video even funnier!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 pm

surfsteve wrote:Did he really say that? It makes the video even funnier!

:prof: :50 It was part of a script related to atoms
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:50 am

I kept seeing the words "what's wrong with you" bobbing up and down on the bulletin board, of principal Sagan's office, in the Paradox video. So I paused the video, to read it, and it said, "You paused the video to read this? What's wrong with you?" Hilarious!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:40 pm

HATE SPEECH
Disagreeing with someone is not hate speech. Even suggesting that their religion is nothing but a collective fantasy, still doesn't qualify as hate speech. The truth can sometimes be hurtful, but expressing the truth is not hate speech.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:26 am

CactusHugger: True, but there are those who would like to make laws against offending others. Sometimes the truth or even rational discussion of various issues can cause people to become upset, but when we're more concerned about hurting people's feelings than about free and open discourse, then we have traded away our freedom for security, and as the saying goes, deserve neither.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:28 pm

‘Don’t Say the Pledge’ campaign takes aim at ‘under God’
It seems to me that including the phrase "under God" is definitely unconstitutional. To me the separation between church and state should be absolute and even suggesting that people should believe in god is an infringement that should not be tolerated. I don't care if 99.9% of the population believes in some holy deity, there should be no implication that our country in any way is officially linked to any religious myth of any kind.
Written by Francis Bellamy in 1892, the Pledge originally read: “I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” The words ‘the Flag of the United States of America” were added in 1923, and Congress adopted “under God” in 1954.

LINK: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/8/dont-say-the-pledge-campaign-takes-aim-at-under-go/
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues