Moral Panics

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Moral Panics

Postby cactuspete » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:34 am

A competent person with a fully functioning mind does not allow emotion to nullify the intellect. When a nation is in the midst of a moral panic it must be the case that it is being led by incompetent buffoons or manipulative cynics. Those who can rise above the moral panic are those who trully deserve to lead. To quote a great poet: If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming you... if you can trust yourself when others doubt you...
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 am

Mom Finds Pedophile Symbol on Child's Toy
So if a tiny minority (like one-tenth of a percent of the overall population) starts using an icon or symbol to mean something, that automatically changes the way the rest of us should interpret the meaning of the symbol? Seriously?!!
:wtf:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Pedophile Symbols

Postby dilbert » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:22 am

CactusHugger: I think it depends on the symbol. During the 1980s through the early 2000s it was common for young adult gangster guys to wear chains with dollar signs hanging from them. Often these guys would be found near junior high schools (aka, middle schools) in the afternoon around the time that school was being dismissed. The dollar signs were an indication that they were willing to pay young girls for sex. As far as I know, no one has ever proposed that we do away with the dollar sign. In fact, there's one on my keyboard here on the four key.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:11 am

dilbert: Nice. I recall stories like that too. In fact, I seem to recall a few prominent rap artists who wore dollar signs and who were killed as the result of this sort of activity. It was awhile back and so I don't remember too many details like names and dates, but it does sound familiar. The media kept it pretty hush hush since they only like to publicize molestation associated crimes if white men are involved.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Ban The Cent Sign

Postby recluse » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 am

Wasn't there a molestation case involving 50 Cent last year? I don't recall the exact story, but somehow he got off, but one of his buddies got put away for a few years for molesting a 12 year old girl. I haven't heard any one saying that the cent sign should get banned.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Pedophile Symbols

Postby pcslim » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:48 am

dilbert wrote:CactusHugger: I think it depends on the symbol. During the 1980s through the early 2000s it was common for young adult gangster guys to wear chains with dollar signs hanging from them. Often these guys would be found near junior high schools (aka, middle schools) in the afternoon around the time that school was being dismissed. The dollar signs were an indication that they were willing to pay young girls for sex. As far as I know, no one has ever proposed that we do away with the dollar sign. In fact, there's one on my keyboard here on the four key.

I think that means that your four key is willing to pay underage girls for sex. I hope none of those four keys are hanging out on computer keyboards at middle schools!
:laugh:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 am

So, I guess it's reasonable to expect computer keyboards with the cent and dollar symbols on them to be banned from public schools across the nation. It's the least we can do to keep the children safe from corrupting influences which might warp their fragile little minds! LOL
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat May 21, 2016 6:57 am

Salon Champions Pedophile Masturbating To 5 Year Old Girl
I'm not a fan of Alex Jones and his cult at InfoWars, but I do like to check out some of the more provocative news clips they post. Here we see nothing but pure manipulation of people's fears regarding child safety issues. Jones claims that there's an agenda where no agenda exists and rather than promoting public discussion of a mental health issue, he prefers to use this as an excuse to obsess over a non-existent problem (e.g., the promotion of pedophilia as a normal sexual orientation) in order to agitate his followers so that they'll be more involved in his online cult. For anyone interested in reviewing the material regarding Todd Nickerson posted at Salon here's a link:
http://www.salon.com/writer/todd_nickerson/
With a little intelligence and maturity it's possible to not feel threatened by what this Todd Nickerson guy has to say.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat May 21, 2016 8:29 pm

wildrose: He who complains the loudest has the most to hide and is the most guilty. You see it over and over. Most often it's a conservative Republican or a Southern Baptist preacher who loudly condemns homosexuality, who then turns out to be a secret closet homosexual. I bet it's the same with Alex Jones. I wonder how many little preteen girls he's diddled...
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Mon May 23, 2016 6:31 am

The lardass doth protest too much, methinks!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues