Syria

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Aleppo - Syria's Beautiful Capital City. Look at it now!

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:58 pm

Until a few months ago even people running for president of the United States had no idea where Aleppo was and what was going on there.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Aleppo - Syria's Beautiful Capital City. Look at it now!

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Horrors of war: Aleppo before and after Syrian conflict
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:09 pm

The Wiki on the civil war seems to really down play the situation. It claims only 31,000 people died. Judging from the pictures and videos so far it must have been many times that. I've heard reports that it could be as many as a million people. That's quite a discrepancy!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... E2%80%9316)
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:15 pm

In Christopher Greene of AMTV's report on The Truth About Aleppo Syria; he claims the death toll is nearly a million.

The Truth About Aleppo Syria
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Here is a video from the Ron Paul Liberty Report.
What's really going on in Aleppo? Are Assad and Putin exterminating the population for sport? Is it a war against US-backed "moderates"? That is what the mainstream media would have us believe. We speak with Vanessa Beeley, a journalist who just returned from Aleppo for the real story.

Why Everything You Hear About Aleppo Is Wrong
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:24 pm

What do you suppose the United States would look like if George Soros manages to start a civil war in America? While we may have averted a hot war with Russia AKA WWIII We are still at risk for a civil war. Do you think that all those people in Aleppo really gave a damn about who was going to run their country any more than we did? I have my doubts but I've heard people say that there is a possibility of civil war over Trump. There's been talk of California Succeeding. Though the majority of it's land mass voted for Trump, Cities like LA apparently voted strongly for Hillary. Could an ALeppo happen in LA? It seems far fetched. I wonder if what happened in Aleppo seemed far fetched to them over there. It really does seem far fetched. But not so far fetched that this post belongs in the conspiracy thread!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Syria

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 am

Deliberate Mistake? American Fighters Bomb Kurd Allies, Allow ISIS to Capture New Territories
Lavrov is right. The USA deliberately avoids ending conflict in order to justify further involvement. When Russia gets involved they take care of a problem quickly and decisively!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Disappointment at Pentagon after surprise US troop withdrawal in Syria
Not sure how this will play out. If the decision was actually made back last December, then I'm not sure how anyone was "blindsided" as is claimed in this video.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:42 am

The less we have to do with Syria the better. Now I've heard that Turkey has taken an odd stance that might get it into trouble with both the USA and Russia. Not sure what Erdogan is thinking. Of course it's likely that the news media is not painting an accurate picture of what is actually happening and so who knows?
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:47 pm

Echo-chamber policy takes over US media over Trump 'abandoning' Kurds in Syria
Too few facts and too much officially approved narrative. It's not news. It's propaganda.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to News and Issues