Syria

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Syria

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Syria

Postby mrfish » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:39 am

I'm already sick and tired of this Syria BS. The USA needs to just mind its own business and let the UN deal with countries that break international agreements. It's not our job to enforce international law. That's what the UN is for. If it is determined BY THE UN that the leaders in Syria actually used chemical weapons, then the UN needs to decide on an appropriate sanction and organize and conduct the action to be taken. It's really simple and that's how things would be done if we were truly just interested in holding leaders accountable for their actions, but that's not our real motivation for becoming involved in military interventions!
:curse:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:34 am

Everything I've been reading indicates Kerry lied about the chemical attacks and that they were a false flag originated by US backed Syrian rebels. The Syrian rebels have been accused many times before of gassing Syrian military as well as civilians.

Here is a video of Obama addressing congress.

By listening to his remarks, it sounds to me like he already plans on attacking regardless of congress's decision. I think Obama's goal is to be the man that starts world war three. That's probably what he means when he says this isn't going to be another Iraq. He really looks stressed and aged in this video.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:46 am

Ron Paul agrees. We don't need to get involved. He is calling this a false flag.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 am

I don't think Obama wants to attack Syria, but I think he's being pressured to do so by his overlords. My impression is that Obama is a guy who wants to do the right thing, but he realizes that he's not really in control and that his life could be terminated should he fail to please those in charge. Assassinations are easy to arrange and those who pull the strings don't really give a rats ass about who lives or who dies as long as they get richer and maintain power. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm convinced that this is how things work.
:mad2:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 am

After watching Kerry's speech I did as he suggested and looked for myself. I googled assad evidence of chemical weapons Instead of finding undeniable evidence that Assad gassed his own people, the vast majority of links suggested that there was no direct evidence and that he wasn't involved.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Syria welcomes Russia's call to handover chemical weapons
Kerry backtracking after making offer. Russia willing to intervene in order to avoid military action. Most insightful comment left to this news clip:
The USA doesn't want Assad to hand over is chemical weapons...

If he did that we would have no pretext for war.

The good ole USA war-mongering as usual!!! :curse:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Russia Responds To Syria & Chemical Weapons
Russia to the rescue! The only problem is that this makes the USA look bad almost no matter what. If the USA accepts, then it must be acknowledged that Russia solved the crisis and that Russia is superior (more influential) to the USA when it comes to world politics. If the USA turns down the offer, then the world sees the USA for what it really is: a nation of war-mongers as DesertRat pointed out.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby James Sel » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:22 am

a2z wrote:Russia Responds To Syria & Chemical Weapons
Russia to the rescue! The only problem is that this makes the USA look bad almost no matter what. If the USA accepts, then it must be acknowledged that Russia solved the crisis and that Russia is superior (more influential) to the USA when it comes to world politics. If the USA turns down the offer, then the world sees the USA for what it really is: a nation of war-mongers as DesertRat pointed out.

The US already looks bad, let Syria and their ally solve it. The US will have no problem spinning from there.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Next

Return to News and Issues