Race Relations

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Race Relations

Postby cactuspete » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:13 am

Michael Brown -- Horrific Racist Song At Charity Event ... 'And He's Dead, Dead Michael Brown'
I'm not seeing this as a big deal, but you've probably heard about this song. It may be in bad taste, but it's funny and was meant for a private audience. If the band had recorded it to be released online, I could see people complaining, but this was just something meant to be shared at a private performance.
The Glendale, CA Elks Lodge is investigating a shocking incident that went down in the club a week ago Monday, when a performer sang a song celebrating the death of Michael Brown ... for an audience that included a number of retired and current cops ... and TMZ has the video.

cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:50 am

Retired Cops Play F-ed Up Song Mocking Michael Brown During Holiday Party
It's hard to imagine that anyone could be this upset by a parody, but here we see the two main turks expressing outrage and having conniption and/or hissy fits. They make all sorts of stupid assertions and fail to get to the heart of the matter. Many people in law enforcement feel a lot of frustration over the Michael Brown hysteria. They see it as a clear cut case of an officer defending his life against a physical attack made by a 300 pound, out-of-control thug. And yet the officer is routinely referred to as a murderer by those who feel that the shooting was unjustified. The implication being that it's quite acceptable for an officer to die at the hands of a thug and that the lives of officers don't matter. If it's alright to call an officer shooting an attacker a murderer, then it should be perfectly acceptable for someone to sing a song like this.

On top of that the person who sang the song is a retired private investigator named Gary Fishell. From what I've been able to dig up the song was performed at the Glendale Elks Lodge and was not an event sponsored by the LAPD. What people do on their own time should be their own business, but the LAPD is nevertheless conducting an investigation to see if any current employees were involved. Not sure what they mean by involved since it's quite possible that the only person who knew about the song beforehand was the singer. Afterall, this was a parody song and so band members quite possibly were not aware of the lyric changes made by the singer.

NOT SURE, BUT I THINK THIS IS THE SAME GARY FISHELL:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvsqFoWHNooAcyDb_q6EHQ
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:37 am

Leave it to Cenk, who could pass for the voice of Frosty the "snow" man on this fine Christmas day, to fan the ashes, of a burned down house of cards. Give it a rest already. Why is the blankish controlled media still hyping this up as a phony racially motivated shooting while they are willing to sweep Eric Gardner under the rug?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:04 am

Youth Diverts Delta Flight
The problem seems to be TOO MUCH SELF-ESTEEM. Blacks have all the same privileges as whites, but they mess things up for themselves by misbehaving and causing their own problems. BUT they have so much self-esteem that they blame their problems on others.
Another perfect example of high black self-esteem is the fact that black women have the most positive body image of all women. When males are questioned about which women they find most attractive, even black males rank black females the lowest. Black women, however, give themselves the highest scores.

LINK: http://topconservativenews.com/2014/12/black-americans-have-higher-self-esteem-than-white-americans/
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:08 am

Selma - The Best Movie Ever Made? :roll2:
No movie has been so indisputably hailed as great since Comrade Stalin made a movie about Comrad Lenin back in the USSR!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby JanuaryJones » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 am

These (Current) Members Of Congress Voted Against MLK Day
From what I hear MLK was a hypocrite. He was a reverend, but he banged whores.
What a great role model for the kids! :laugh:
But seriously, I'd sooner have a Robert E. Lee Day than MLK day. I don't get the day off anyways and so it's no skin off my ass!
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Re: Robert E. Lee Day

Postby wildbill » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:31 am

Talk about strange coincidences! Robert E. Lee was born on January 19, 1807. This year MLK day was celebrated on January 19. Incidentally MLK was born on January 15, 1929. So. although it may have been called MLK Day, this year it was actually Robert E. Lee Day. How oddly ironic! Although I don't think that MLK was necessarily a bad guy, I have much, much more respect and admiration for Robert E. Lee and so Robert E. Lee Day it is for me for now on!
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrgreen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Ferguson Reacts After Police Officer Cleared of Civil Rights Violations :smokin:
Logic dictated this outcome. However, calling a picture of bare-chested African women with the caption "Michelle Obama's High School Reunion" racist is a bit of a stretch. The fact that 90% of individuals who are arrested are black in an area where 67% of the population is black shows that blacks are disproportionately more likely to commit crimes, not that law enforcement is racist.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Michael Brown's family to file civil lawsuit :curse:
These people should be apologizing for their son's actions, not criticizing the people who had to deal with the worthless thug they raised!
:smack:
Best Comments:
Can America sue the family of Michael Brown?

and in response:
I was about to ask if Wilson can sue, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, The Brown Family, MSNBC, CNN, Holder, Obama, Pelosi, and every other politician or news agency for a slew of reasons. He should.... I wish we could.

mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:09 am

mrfish: My prediction is that this whole thing gets settled out of court. Although they say that the officer will be the target of the lawsuit, my guess is that the department will be included in the lawsuit. The officer won't pay a dime. If the case goes to court the family will lose. But my bet is that it doesn't go to court because the department will offer a settlement and the family will accept. I'm predicting 2.7 million will be the settlement.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues