South of the Border

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: South of the Border

Postby mrfish » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Tucker: Election Day becoming referendum on immigration
It's time to stop rewarding illegal immigration.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby JanuaryJones » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 pm

Trump suggests sending 15,000 troops to border
It's great to see the president taking decisive action to deal with this problem. Now if we could just get a governor who isn't a total libtard!
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby surfsteve » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 am

I would still be in favor if he put 50 thousand troops on the boarder or some absurd number as long as it prevents anyone from crossing; but what's the deal with Trump saying he thinks he can end the citizenship of babies born in the United States from people that illegally crossed the boarder? This seems in direct conflict with the fourteenth amendment. Can it really be changed with an executive order? I was very upset when Obama did stuff like that but at the same time I see the need for it now. Very slippery slope. Guess we've been on it for quite some time now. I'd be more comfortable with putting these babies up for adoption and having the illegal families spend a few years in a prison tent somewhere awaiting trial till they are sent home than to have the 14th amendment changed by an executive order. I doubt this will change the way I will vote next Tuesday but it seems like it would for a lot of people. I can't help feeling that the Democrats are creeping up in the poles since their giant screw up with Kavanaugh. I would like to give Trump the green light and see republicans take both the house and the senate. What the hell? Has he gone too far this time or is this just Trump being Trump?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:10 am

In thinking back and taking another long hard look at the 14th amendment it's totally clear it was never intended to support anchor babies. It says All persons born or naturalized in the United States AND subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States. This clearly indicates that not all persons born in the United States are automatically citizens. Only those born AND subject to it's jurisdiction. I fought a traffic ticket once and when asked if I was a citizen I claimed "I don't see how I could be because I never signed up to be one" and the judge wound up calling a recess and clearing the court but I lost the case anyway on other technicalities. Anyway I'm pretty sure citizenship is not automatic and that there are conditions which make you subject to it's jurisdiction and just being born there isn't one of them. Otherwise there would be no need to add the phrase "and subject to it's jurisdiction. Think of it this way. Only employees that work for the bank are allowed behind the counter. If you pull out a gun and leap over the counter that does not automatically make you an employee of the bank and give you the right to be behind the counter! Pretty sure Trump is going to win on this one! He does not need to change the 14th amendment. It works just fine the way it was written.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm a think'n he has no intent on using his pen to rewrite the 14th. I think'n it his way to get attention on the abuse of the amendment via the press and protesters. That way people who are not aware of the abuse now see it on networks that ordinarily would not touch it. Trump is crazy like a fox.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 am

Do the caravan migrants have standing to sue Trump?
People who enter the country illegally should not have due process rights, but in any case they must first physically enter the country before there is any basis for a lawsuit. Hopefully the border will be fortified to the point that entry is impossible!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:44 am

Sparky: Are you saying you don't think he's going to go through with the anchor baby ban or are you agreeing with me that he doesn't need to modify the 14th amendment in order to be able to do it?

In a way I'm seeing these caravans as an act of war. Assisting illegal immigration from one country to another is intended to decimate our economy. None of the governments including Mexico have done anything to stop it. Mexico particularly is at fault on this one because they don't have anything to benefit directly by allowing this caravan through. I watched a video saying that Venezuela also had something to do with allowing the caravan through and their country like Mexico will not benefit financially by doing so. Only politically.

This isn't exactly like someone driving a get away car to a bank robbery but it is akin to driving someone over to break into your neighbors house. Not to come through the front door and ask them to live there but to sneak in through an open window and force your neighbor to pay for letting them do it. Many of them are criminals and will commit crimes and steal from them. These people fucked up their own country and now they want to come over and decimate our economy.
If you were my neighbor and let your kids grow up to be useless drug users it's not my responsibility to let them move in with me because you can no longer afford to take care of them. It is yours! They are not sending us their best and brightest nor even their average population. They are sending us the bottom of the barrel. Look at them. Do you really honestly feel they are only here to steal our jobs? The vast majority of these people will probably be stealing from us directly or be on welfare for the rest of their lives! As far as Mexico is concerned they too should be cut off from all aid and sanctioned for allowing another country to invade us. We have enough problems trying to support the homeless and unemployed from our own country. We can not afford to do it for the rest of the world. The way to help these countries is not to accept those that it has failed but to help and encourage them to rebuild their own economies. For Mexico to allow their own people to cross the boarder is one thing but now they are assisting neighboring countries in doing the same thing! And now if Mike Pence is to be believed, we have Venezuela assisting these countries to be able to get them to the point that Mexico can assist them. Enough is enough.

Cut off all aid from Mexico and further sanction them to make them pay for the wall!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 am

dzrtdwg wrote:Do the caravan migrants have standing to sue Trump?
People who enter the country illegally should not have due process rights, but in any case they must first physically enter the country before there is any basis for a lawsuit. Hopefully the border will be fortified to the point that entry is impossible!

Ha! Is this a joke? Maybe all the soldiers Trump is stationing in tents on the boarder will also have the right to sue him as well. I don't see anything clear cut that would prevent children from staying in tents. Anyone that has gone camping knows that tents have heaters and ventilation certainly isn't a problem. If these people had their way they would also make sure we put them up in motels while they were on their way here! (And not just some cheap motel... A nice one like Trump has! Ha ha!) Where will it end? Should we kick out all our own destitute and allow them to stay in their homes?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Sufersteve,
I don’t think he will use an executive order to change an amendment. If he did the next guy can simply right it out the same way. I’m thinking he will stir up the pot and force law makers to do it. Now if the Republicans lose the House tomorrow you may never see a change
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 am

I Went To The Border. We Need A Wall.
Mexico should definitely be paying for this wall. They let the cartels get away with way too much and that's entirely their fault.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues