Russian Hackers or Lame Excuses?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Russian Hackers or Lame Excuses?

Postby desertrat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 am

Ex-CIA analyst: Trump response is unbelievable
What's unbelievable is the way that CNN and other NEOCON news networks push this fake news story!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:19 am

Ex-CIA operative calls for new election :curse:
Complete bullshit! This can't possibly be happening!!!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:51 am

mrfish wrote:Ex-CIA operative calls for new election :curse:
Complete bullshit! This can't possibly be happening!!!

Former CIA Operative Robert Baer "I'm deeply disturbed about the FACT that the Russians interfered with the election and would like to see the evidence." Translation: "I'm deeply disturbed about the fact that fairies used pixie dust to interfere with the election and would like to see some evidence!"
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:04 am

CIA Election Report Is FAKE NEWS To Attack Trump & Russia
Alex Jones is completely wrong an awful lot of the time, but sometimes he's at least partially right and this is one of them. He seems to think that an assassination is likely, but I don't think the powers that be are anywhere near that desperate. They still have this Russian hacking trick up their sleeves. To be clear, if the Russians hacked anything, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to prove. The DNC and any other hacking scandals which occurred during the election were the work of smaller hacking groups who were fairly sophisticated, but who lacked the resources of a major entity such as China, Russia, or a dozen or so other major players. The corporate media is over-playing this Russian hack story and seems to assume that the American people are incredibly gullible... after all, most people fell for the story that gained support for the illegal invasion of Iraq which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:25 am

Sec of State candidate's close ties with Putin
The set up being orchestrated here is pretty obvious. It's all going to be innuendo, false claims, and circumstantial, but the foundation is being laid to persuade the American people that Trump is in cahoots with Putin and that Trump represents a threat to the national interests of the USA. The truth is that Trump does threaten the NEOCON agenda, but the Neocons should be recognized for what they are: Enemies of the American people.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby dilbert » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:41 am

This is all just titilation without substance. The MSM is blowing this way out of proportion to bait people into watching. They know that Trump supporters will be triggered by the possibility that he could be disqualified if it were proven that he received help from Russia. And they know that Hillary supporters feel cheated and that they'd love to see their candidate get in office in any way possible. Nothing will come of this except a few fake debates. It's all just a show at this point!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:24 am

I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for Mitt Romney for having to eat all those frog legs and marshmallows for nothing; even though it makes me laugh every time I imagine him on his way to the bathroom after multiple times of scarfing one down and saying "Thank you sir. May I have another?"
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:23 pm

'US is a great country, correct me if I'm wrong' - Putin on claims Russia influenced US elections
Putin tells it like it is:
The United States is not a banana republic. It's a great power. Correct me if I'm wrong. Do you really think that Russia can influence anything? Claims of Russian interference in the US presidential election campaign are a mythical problem, a hysteria.

Go to 2:00 in the video to hear Putin speak.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby a2z » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Russian Hacking Claim Sparks War of Words
Any good hacking group can appear to be anyone they want. There is no way to determine the origin of an attack if you're dealing with sophisticated hackers. A hack is routed through several nodes and unless you can gain control of each node along the way, there is no way to discover the origin of an attack. (That's assuming that we're dealing with people who know what they're doing and take all necessary precautions, which is what sophisticated hackers do.) Keep in mind that the route can go through countries who will under no means cooperate with our law enforcement agencies. As far as bullshit about "signature" or "modus operandi" giving the identity of an attacker away, don't fall for that crap. The DNC hack was so easy any script kiddie could have done it and turning over the files to WikiLeaks is exactly what most people into that sort of thing would have done. This smoke and mirrors media campaign to dupe people into believing it was the Russians is as crude and stupid as the campaign to gain support for the invasion of Iraq. Cue The Who... "And I get on my knees and pray... We don't get fooled again!"
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 am

Dilbert is probably right that the media is milking this for all that it's worth, but there is a possibility that enough members of the Electoral College could be persuaded to change their votes and that the results could change. It's a scary thought, but we could wind up with Obama around for a few more months since it might take a while to sort out the situation if things stray from the normal course.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues