Benghazi

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Benghazi

Postby surfsteve » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:09 am

I have no idea why you guys are so against Fox News but they aren't the only ones outraged.
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000125084
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am

surfsteve wrote:This is Watergate on steroids!

Nah, it's just FOX NEWS SPIN on steroids! Now that Obama has been re-elected this will probably die away and we won't hear about it again until Hillary starts campaigning for the 2016 presidential elections. There was nothing to this story from day one, but right wing wackjobs decided to push it since they figured they'd score some political points with it.
:roll2:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

I see what you guys mean about Fox News. Shame on Fox for reporting that 60 Minutes pulled a clip that "Proves WH Lied About Benghazi." It's almost like they are a news station instead of a propaganda station like they are paid to be. Next thing you know there will be an episode about it on the Simpsons!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

To be honest when someone posted the other video of the long gas lines it did indeed make me think of Carter. Now that you mention it I don't ever recall hearing about 3 hour long gas lines in any of the other storms we've had in the past. Sorry but the only other time I can think of was during the Carter administration. Perhaps you should try googling about the gas lines in Katrina. Maybe you can find a video to prove me wrong. Even if you do what does this have to do with the Benghazi cover up other than avoiding talking about it by switching the subject?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Note to self. When you have nothing make something out of nothing.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

The latest rumor making the rounds is that Barack Obama replaced General Carter Ham at AFRICOM after the general made a move to help the US security officials at the Benghazi consulate and annex. Ham was replaced by Gen. David Rodriquez on October 18.
Tiger Droppings reported:

The information I heard today was that General [Carter] Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham’s place as the head of Africom.

Sure enough Obama nominated Gen. David Rodriguez to replace Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command.
The Stars and Stripes reported:

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

Both appointments must be confirmed by the Senate.
Link: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10 ... officials/

The United States military is in a state of war in the Middle East and President Obama has committed the unprecedented action of firing two senior level command officers for what would comprise the leadership of an attack force against Iran and potentially China and Russia. This action is so unprecedented, so reckless, that it is difficult to comprehend. Please allow me to offer a sports analogy in order to explain the magnitude of this action. Imagine that your favorite football team was on the eve of the Super Bowl and the owner of your team fired both the head coach and the quarterback the night before the big game. Wouldn’t this throw your team into a state of disarray? Of course it would, and subsequently your team would face annihilation. This is exactly the case with our forces in the Middle East after the firing of these two military leaders at this critical point in time. The deposing and subsequent arrest of AFRICOM commanding officer, General Carter Ham, and the firing of Carrier task force commander, Admiral Charles M. Gayouette is an irresponsible move by the Obama administration and has left a leadership void in the Middle East that has needlessly put the lives of our military at risk.

The positions held by Hamm and Gayouette are so powerful and so sensitive, their replacements will require approval from the Senate. Why would Obama engage in such a reckless act when the country is so close to war? Very simply, both men were jointly attempting to rescue Ambassador Stevens and his bodyguards, despite being told to stand down by Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta. There is now proof that Obama was warned in advance of the coming attack in which Stevens begged for more protection and his impassioned plea was denied by Clinton.

Link: http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2012/ ... tary-coup/
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

I was trying to find out why someone wouldn't like Glen Beck.
Quotes from Wiki:
"You cannot take away freedom to protect it, you cannot destroy the free market to save it, and you cannot uphold freedom of speech by silencing those with whom you disagree. To take rights away to defend them or to spend your way out of debt defies common sense."
– Glenn Beck, Common Sense, 2009

Beck has described himself as a conservative with libertarian leanings. Among his core values Beck lists personal responsibility, private charity, the right to life, freedom of religion, limited government, and family as the cornerstone of society. Beck believes in low national debt, and has said "A conservative believes that debt creates unhealthy relationships. Everyone, from the government on down, should live within their means and strive for financial independence." He supports individual gun ownership rights and is against gun control legislation.

In an O'Reilly Factor interview in August 2010, when Beck was asked if he "believes that gay marriage is a threat to this country in any way", he stated, "No I don't…I believe that Thomas Jefferson said: 'If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket what difference is it to me?'"

Then I stumbled upon this video

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet... Is it a democratic thing?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

surfsteve wrote:I was trying to find out why someone wouldn't like Glen Beck.

Haven't you ever seen the rants where he starts crying or some of the weird off-the-wall theories he spews? He's famous for being on the lunatic fringe. In fact, in many ways he's worse than Alex Jones. Both Beck and Jones say things which are sane and reasonable some of the time, but it's the rest of the time when they are in la-la land that gives them reputations for being total psychos! Heck, I'm sure you could find paragraphs spoken or written by Adolf Hitler or Charles Manson that make them look sane and reasonable, but it's not the stuff that can be cherry-picked that makes them look good that we judge them by. It's what they did most of the time that matters!
:up2:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

surfsteve wrote:

I stopped listening to this Bullshiter in the mid 90's. But I do give him credit for teaching me that ever asshole has a story. :nono:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Beck went on the record on October 26, 2012 that he believed that General Petraeus would become the Administration of ObamaNation's "Fall Guy" over the stand down orders for U.S. Military forces not to come to the aid of the Embassy's Staff that the White House gave as the raid unfolded on September 11, 2012. Now with Petraeus' sudden resignation as CIA Chief, Becks Forecast seems eerily plausible.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues