Why Immigration Doesn't Work

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Postby ergot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Clearly the gumball guy is racist. Anyone using facts and logic is automatically racist.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Why Immigration Doesn't Work

Postby ergot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Immigration, World Poverty and Gumballs - NumbersUSA.com
Here's the original video. Figuring out why immigration doesn't work is just a matter of doing the simple arithmetic. The problem is that there are many people in the world who are horrible at math and who don't actually think. They just emote. It's almost kind of like thinking, but it's an inferior form of cognitive activity.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:33 pm

TV ad: How much immigration do American people want?
Maybe deporting a million a year for ten or so years would be a better idea. There are supposed to be about that many here illegally and so why don't we do something to actually fix the problem?!!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:58 am

We should keep the productive immigrant simply look at the ones that drain the system to be possibly rejected and ejected.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:12 am

All of them should just stay in their own country. When the best and the brightest leave and come here, the countries they left become even more impoverished (intellectually speaking). If they stay in their own countries and fight to improve things there everyone wins. If we send back some of the illegals who have benefited from our educational system, those people can have an even bigger impact on their country of origin. By giving people an easy way out, "shithole" nations remain "shithole" nations. We'd be doing them all a favor by just sending them back to where they came from!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:37 am

Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
Someone should redo this song as a parody about illegal immigration.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 am

Outrage sparked by reports of private CBP Facebook group
Two major problems for the outrage crowd:
1) This was a private group and so there's a good chance that none of the posts could be used to fire any of the agents since they were not public. It would be the same as people making conversation at a private party. It would be eavesdropping to record and share what was said.
2) None of the comments are seriously inflammatory. They might be mildly offensive if taken the wrong way, but in context they are just sarcastic jokes not meant to be taken literally. Others might be idle speculation, but nothing which indicates that the agents are not fit to do their jobs.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Border Patrol Facebook Group Posted Dank Memes
Obviously liberals are trying to make something out of nothing, just like they always do!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 pm

ICE Strikes Back, 4chan Celebrates
It seems like a no-brainer to me. Anytime an illegal immigrant enrolls a child in a school, applies for a driver's license, or a social security number or any other similar thing they should be turned over to ICE. Deport illegals as quickly and efficiently as possible. I don't care if families get split up. They did the crime and so they get to deal with the consequences!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:41 am

ergot wrote:ICE Strikes Back, 4chan Celebrates
It seems like a no-brainer to me. Anytime an illegal immigrant enrolls a child in a school, applies for a driver's license, or a social security number or any other similar thing they should be turned over to ICE. Deport illegals as quickly and efficiently as possible. I don't care if families get split up. They did the crime and so they get to deal with the consequences!

To my knowledge, they don't decide not to incarcerate other criminals because of the children. Having a child should not give you special privileges when it comes to jail time. Everyone should be treated equally in that respect regardless of how many children they've managed to produce! On top of that, it seems to me that we need to deal with the anchor baby situation. Laws should be changed to revoke the citizenship of people born on US soil by mothers who are not citizens. I'm quite alright with retroactively enacting this law and although in general laws are not retroactive, this would be a case where I'd be in favor of such a mechanism.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues