CLIMATE LOCKDOWNS

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

CLIMATE LOCKDOWNS

Postby torn80 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:58 am

What impact did lockdowns have on carbon emissions?
Maybe the lockdowns worked too well! :curse:
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Re: CLIMATE LOCKDOWNS

Postby mrfish » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:19 am

Tucker: Brace yourselves, climate lockdowns are coming
It would make more sense to just raise the price of gas. Either method would be bad for the economy, but there would not be a direct assault on basic freedoms if the price increase approach were taken. I'm not saying that I'm in favor of lockdowns or increasing the price of gas. I'm just saying that to achieve their goals, the price increase approach would be more effective.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:08 am

Traditionally manipulating the price of goods has been the main way that our government has attempted to influence behavior. This doesn't have an impact on affluent people as much as it does on people with low incomes. For this reason the liberals will say that this is an example of "structural racism" and insist that restrictions be imposed directly on everyone equally. This is what we have come to in the USA!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:39 pm

A leaked UN report warns 'worst is yet to come' on climate change. Here's how you can help
These two talk as if there's nothing to debate. I'm not convinced. I'm in favor of being environmentally friendly, but I'm not an extremist. These two seem like two extremists who consider anyone who is not an extremist to be uninformed.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:38 am

It's my opinion that the dems don't have nearly the political clout needed to force climate lockdowns. Remember the COVID lockdowns were mostly bi-partisan. The only disagreement was how long they should last, but things could have gotten a lot worse and both sides would have backed extreme measures if that were the case. The thing with climate change is that there are lots of skeptics and so I don't think lockdowns are likely to be considered necessary by the majority of citizens.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby drdesert » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:13 am

It's Been Happening For a Long Time
Hollywood/corporate propaganda - it's all the same thing!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Return to News and Issues