Gas Prices

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Gas Prices

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Gasoline prices drop Friday in most So Cal counties
While gas still ain't exactly cheap, it's at least a lot less expensive than it was for most of the year! I'm sure a lot of people were relieved to see lower prices during their holiday travels!
:thumb:
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline Friday in Southern California has dropped in most Southland counties. In Los Angeles County, the average price is $3.58, its lowest amount since Dec. 27, 2011. In Riverside and San Bernardino counties, the average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline fell six-tenths of a cent Friday to $3.54, its lowest amount in exactly one year. The average price in the Inland Empire is 2 cents less than one week ago and 22.7 cents lower than one month ago, but three-tenths of a cent more than one year ago, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.

LINK: http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/12/28/35428/gasoline-prices-drop-friday-most-southland-countie/
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 am

Gas Prices Soar
There's nothing new about the fluctuation of gas prices and there's nothing unusual about the amount of the increase here, but a 3-month high is a 3-month high! BTW, they're expected to go up even more!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Thumbnail Image
KTLA reports that regular fuel costs $5.09 a gallon, while premium can run up to an eye-watering $5.39 a gallon.
Read more
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 am

Pain at the pump
Gas went up last Spring too, but not quite this early.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby blackturtle.us » Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Trona (Valero) - Wednesday, May 01, 2013
$4.05 for regular (87)
Only two pumps working
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Thu May 23, 2013 7:01 am

Spring Gas Prices Soaring
We should probably be used to gas prices going up this time of year, but it's never pleasant in any case!!!
:down:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CactusHugger » Fri May 24, 2013 7:04 am

Want to Save Money on Gas? Grab Your GasBuddy
Not a lot of gas stations to choose from around here, but this could be useful while traveling...
:shrug:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

CactusHugger wrote:Want to Save Money on Gas? Grab Your GasBuddy
Not a lot of gas stations to choose from around here, but this could be useful while traveling...
:shrug:

Went to that website in the video while it was playing and typed in Trona's zipcode. It didn't show any gas stations at all for Trona. Maybe it's only good for where the guy drives. I should have looked more carefully. Wonder if there was a place to put in the price in so it shows on the map. I think there was though.

I googled gas prices 93562 and found that there's a pretty cool extension of Mapquest. If you put in the zip code you can click it to display the prices by distance and T-stop comes right up in the gas calculator function as being 4.20, last updated 20 hours ago. It's still called T-stop and not Valerro. I guess it hasn't been updated. Probably a good thing because everyone, even the people that work there still call it T-stop. Even though there's no sign saying T-stop, anywhere, anymore.
http://gasprices.mapquest.com/station/us/ca/trona/93562
Seems like they should start calling it the Velero T-Stop or something and at least have it written somewhere so it doesn't confuse people. If I owned that store I'd paint it on one of the windows or at least hang a banner behind one of them.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:52 pm

JUNE 02, 2013
No gas in town! All pumps at the Valero (formerly the T-Stop) were off. Reportedly there was a leak in one of the lines, which was discovered over a week ago.
Gas at SIX DOLLARS per gallon at Panamint Spring this week!
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News