TJUSD Board Meeting - June 11, 2015

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - June 11, 2015

Postby mrgreen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 pm

cactuspete wrote:Woman fired in act of retaliation by district
As it turns out there is no state requirement to keep deleted email and this woman, thinking that there was such a law, refused to follow directions given to her by district leaders. Although other districts do have policies to keep deleted email for various amounts of time, each district -- at this time anyways -- gets to decide whether or not to keep email. The right thing in this case would have been for this woman to follow the directions of district leaders and refusing to do so was insubordination and so firing her was justified, IMHO.

Invading the privacy of others is NEVER doing the right thing. It was the leaders of the district (for a change) who wanted to respect the privacy of others and this lady was just an IT person in charge of email (and probably other things). Rather than leaning in favor of invading the privacy of people, she should have been leaning the other way. She's a disgrace to anyone who considers himself or herself to be a computer geek. Always protect the privacy of others and when compelled by unreasonable laws or unreasonable bosses to violate this policy, drag your feet and look for excuses to do the right thing anyways! This lady had a good boss who told her to do the right thing and she still insisted on doing the wrong thing. Fire the bitch!!! (If it was a guy, I'd have said, "Fire the jerk!!!" and so no bitching about me using the b-word.)
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Red Eyes at the Pool Caused by Urine?!?
The only public pool in Trona is operated by the school and so this clip is getting posted here. The most likely culprits should you get red eyes are the little kids. They may be cute, but they aren't necessarily good for your health!
:bounce:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:43 am

This Will Revolutionize Education :smack:
Each new technological innovation is supposed to revolutionize education and as it turns out none of them actually do! Same old story, over and over and over...
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:53 am

panamint_patty wrote:Red Eyes at the Pool Caused by Urine?!?
The only public pool in Trona is operated by the school and so this clip is getting posted here. The most likely culprits should you get red eyes are the little kids. They may be cute, but they aren't necessarily good for your health!
:bounce:

It's not the contaminates causing the red eyes. It's the chlorine binding with them. If peroxide were used in place of chlorine it would take care of it plus a lot of other health problems. Chlorine also bonds with otherwise harmless humates from the soil making them extremely toxic as anyone familiar with the effects of taking humic or fulvic acid supplements should be aware of.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:08 am

Jim Carrey Rails Against California's Strict Vaccination Law
Mandatory vaccinations is a good idea, but the nutjobs out there don't agree.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 am

panamint_patty wrote:Jim Carrey Rails Against California's Strict Vaccination Law
Mandatory vaccinations is a good idea, but the nutjobs out there don't agree.

Political science has debunked the fact that vaccines contribute to autism. I get that; but this should be posted on the vaccine debate. Not here. Didn't you just get through accusing me of doing the very same thing and then went and did it yourself; or am I loosing my mind?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:47 am

surfsteve wrote:Political science has debunked the fact that vaccines contribute to autism. I get that; but this should be posted on the vaccine debate. Not here. Didn't you just get through accusing me of doing the very same thing and then went and did it yourself; or am I loosing my mind?

It's not so much a matter of losing your mind (although that's possible). It's more a matter of missing the obvious. Children will be required to be vaccinated in order to attend school. While this post would have been appropriate for the other thread, it's fully appropriate for this thread also.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:44 pm

I would almost agree with you but the nutjob comment is squarely a debatable issue. Heavy metals were added to vaccines to give them the appearance of working better according to the standards to which vaccines are judged but there is no more scientific evidence to back it up than turning on a bright light indicates it's daytime. If you had watched the videos I posted you would know what I mean and be able to verify the facts using google for yourself.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:12 am

Mandatory School Vaccination Law Passes In California
"Today a victory for evidence-backed politics!" This is a good policy since it protects children from the negligence of irresponsible parents.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:46 am

wildrose wrote:Mandatory School Vaccination Law Passes In California
"Today a victory for evidence-backed politics!" This is a good policy since it protects children from the negligence of irresponsible parents.

Irresponsible parents come in a variety of forms. Some are nutjobs and others are just plain ignorant, but sometimes it seems that some sort of license should be required for people to become parents since so many of them are so horribly bad at it!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News