The Confederate Flag Debate

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: The Confederate Flag Debate

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:59 am

I've done a lot of dumb things and wasted a lot of time in the 60+ years I've been on this rock and the 12 seconds I wasted on that post is 12 seconds I could have back. You realize that TV show was written in Hollywood by writers with a preconceived idea of the south. The idea most likely was generated by Andy of Mayberry. If you think Waylon was over rated that does help me understand and give you a break on that 12 seconds, you just don't know no better. https://youtu.be/kIB5bA9T5uQ
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:22 am

desertrat wrote:Waylon Jennings - Dukes Of Hazzard "Good Ol' Boys" Theme Song
I never liked the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. The main characters seemed like inbred, redneck dipshits to me and I don't give a rat's ass about worthless assclowns like that. As for Waylon Jennings, obviously his reputation as a great songwriter is undeserved. This song has got to be about the most witless piece of crap ever written! Having said all that, I gotta say that people who have an issue with the Confederate Flag are stupider than the assmonkeys glorified in the Dukes of Hazzard. Hate to be so negative, but sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on in this crazy world. So many hopelessly stupid fucktards and they all seem so devoid of even the most rudimentary ability to engage in intelligent thought.

The show should have been called RETARDS OF HAZZARD and assclowns are exactly what the main characters of that show amount to. The theme song by WJ was every bit as stupid as the show. Whether or not the song is on par with other stuff by WJ is unknown to me, but the song posted by Sparky wasn't any better. So I won't make a judgement on WJs general song writing abilities other than to say I won't be wasting any of my time investigating that topic.
Sparky of SoCal wrote: You realize that TV show was written in Hollywood by writers with a preconceived idea of the south.

That's definitely true, but it was enthusiastically embraced by assclowns all over the country, INCLUDING THE SOUTH, and so either lots of people like laughing at the stereotypical redneck retard or a lot of people fit into that category. As for the Confederate Flag, I find that to be the least objectionable feature of the show!
:laugh:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:22 am

Checklist:
1) Waylon Jennings - Definitely over-rated, but not terrible
2) Dukes of Hazzard - Worthless bunch of scumbags and stupid TV show
3) Confederate Flag - Not a problem whatsoever
4) People protesting Confederate Flag - Worthless bunch of scumbags and total assclowns
5) Assclowns - A word I never used before, but useful for describing stupid people
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:59 pm

So you cats got the stereotype of the south figured out but can't figure out the widespread image of Trona some of you have complained about. Go figure.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:49 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:So you cats got the stereotype of the south figured out but can't figure out the widespread image of Trona some of you have complained about. Go figure.

The south is complicated. Dumb, white, rednecks constitute maybe ten percent of the population there. Blacks who play the race card probably make up another ten percent. Then there are the romantic intellectuals who enjoy their mint juleps! That's another southern stereotype for you. Not sure what portion of the population might fit into that category. Middle of the road, decent folk who would fit in anywhere probably constitute the largest portion of the population of the south, but what the last few posts were focused on was THE DUKES OF HAZZARD and more contemporary versions of those characters are embodied by Jake and Logan Paul on YouTube. Basically, the persona is fun-loving, irresponsible, good-ole-boys who just "do as they please." In other words, they have no consideration for other people and when confronted they make some lame excuse or complain about people being picky. As for Trona, I'm not following you on that one.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Are Nike's 'Betsy Ross Flag' Sneakers Racist?
What's next? Will they want to ban flags made out of cotton because slaves picked cotton? Or maybe X's and O's will be banned since the Confederate Flag contains an X pattern and the stars on the Betsy Ross flag are arranged in an O. And naturally that will lead to the banning of tic-tac-toe since X's and O's are part of that game and who knows what will be next!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 pm

The Big Bang Theory - Fun with flags highlights
The "IS IT A FLAG?" game in this video could be changed to "IS IT A RACIST SYMBOL?" and the safest strategy is to always answer YES!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 am

The ADL has quite a list of hate symbols. It includes the numbers 14 and 88, frogs, crosses of various kinds, fists, a band called Bound For Glory, parentheses, the swastika, rope tied into a noose, the not equal sign, pit bulls (aka, who let the dogs out?), another band called Screwdriver, the Stormfront website, Thor's hammer, embedded triangles, the okay hand gesture, eagles, scrolls, skulls, knives, the letter X, the magnolia flower, Runic symbols in general, a drop of blood, the sun, bears, centipedes, the terms "cuck" and "cuckservative" and "Dark Enlightenment", being "redpilled", more terms including "SJW", "snowflake", and "NPCs", doves, discussing the Overton window, and, of course, the Confederate Flag (affectionately known as the Stars and Bars).

In other words, libtards have went beyond the lunatic fringe in their paranoia and basically see almost anything as potentially racist. And for that reason, I recommend using as many of these symbols as often as possible to keep the little pussies on edge!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:54 am

And let us not forget ... The White House, MAGA, milk, lightning bolts, clowns, PewDiePie, Apu (character on The Simpsons), discussing cultural Marxism and The Deep State, the phrase "dindu nothin" or just plan dindu, dysgenics, a "fashy" haircut (short on sides and long on top), hatefacts (factually correct, but politically incorrect statements), references to George Soros, SWPL, White guilt, windmills, etc., etc., etc.

BTW, 4chan.org/pol/ has been credited with originating many of the racist meme hoaxes which have fooled libtards.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby wildrose » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:46 am

Media back Kaepernick's attack on Betsy Ross Flag sneaker
There was no problem with it when Obama displayed it at his inauguration, but now all of a sudden it triggers SJWs. What gives?
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News