Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby defcon » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:47 am

defcon wrote:
mrgreen wrote:ergot: Okay. So here is a synopsis and I'll leave out the details that might upset the delicate ones who might read this. The entire video is only twenty or so minutes long. The first couple minutes and the last couple minutes take place on a school bus full of children. In the scene at the beginning of the film the guy is grouchy or cranky -- I actually don't recall for sure if the film is called "The Grouchy Bus Driver" or "The Cranky Bus Driver" -- either way it's the same basic idea. In the last two minutes the guy is cheerful and charming and jokes around with the kids like he's their long lost uncle or something, not yelling at the kids like in the first scene. It's what happens between these two scenes which gets a little INTERESTING and which some people would find upsetting. Not sure how to get across the idea without getting graphic. Let's just say that the doggy, the mommy, the daddy, and the cute little daughter are no longer living at the end of that scene and that most of the scene involves extreme mistreatment of the cute little one in front of the parents before they are put out of their misery. I think you get the general idea and by adding that the film is of questionable legality should imply a few other things which I'll leave to your imagination. Go with the worst possible idea that comes to mind and you're probably pretty close! Oh, yes, and I should not neglect to add that the bus driver early in the main scene delivers a little lecture about how he's not especially pleased with their noisy doggy. The lecture makes it clear that the bus driver lives adjacent to the family with the dog. Obviously, the film doesn't provide any info about how the bodies are disposed of or how the bus driver cleans up the mess and so it's not clear how he apparently gets away with the dirty deed, but I suppose that's just a detail that the filmmakers decided was unnecessary for whatever reason.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity! :pac:

Great story! I actually believe if every person who allows their dogs to bark and disturb their neighbors were shot along with their dogs that this world would be a better place. Waiting for the legal system to actually do something about this problem seems completely futile. How hard would it be to have a system of fines in place for noise offenders? The system would pay for itself!!!

This is still one of my favorite posts to this thread.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby twister » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:19 pm

drdesert wrote:
panamint_patty wrote:
twister wrote:Here's a little alert for parents, especially those with daughters. The word is that a family with some serious issues moved to Trona several months ago. Apparently the father of the family was under investigation in Kern County for molesting his daughters. He moved to Trona to put a damper on the investigation and then as a result of the covid situation has been able to remain under the radar. The case hasn't actually been dropped, but it's been sidelined at least temporarily. My understanding is that the father of the family has a job with the plant in some capacity and so he appears to be a respectable member of the community for the most part. There are several other details I could add, but suffice it to say that it would be a good idea to not allow any of your children to play at the house of this family.

That's a hot topic! A lot of talk and there's a lot more to talk about. Without giving away any details, the interesting thing is that this new guy has buddied up a bit with a prominent Trona resident who has a teenage daughter. I won't go into the implications of that, but there were rumors regarding the prominent Trona resident and his teenage daughter before the new guy even arrived on the scene and now people are talking about the possibility of a little daughter swapping going on behind the scenes. Not saying that any of this is true, but while some people are merely amused by the possibilities, others are totally disgusted!

Small towns are famous for this kind of thing. They are good places to lay low and to stay beneath the radar. This covid situation has sidetracked a lot of the work done by law enforcement and many people who should be dealt with have gotten by for now.
wildrose wrote:panamint_patty: There's a lot to the story. I got the inside scoop from a former school employee. She said it's a really sad situation, but I'll try to be circumspect in what I write here since it's a delicate issue. Most people would be shocked to find out how closely this "prominent resident" is connected to the school, although he is not actually an employee. The crazy thing is that not only has he encouraged his daughter to make accusations against school staff, but he has actually told friends of his daughter that making accusations against teachers is a good way to get out of work. There is another troubling issue involving possible litigation, but I won't go into that. The bottom line is that this guy really has no business being in any way associated with the school and if the speculation about "daughter swapping" turned out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Molesters often make up stories about other people in order to divert the attention away from themselves. It's a very common strategy. If you ever hear someone say that so-and-so is a molester, the first thought that should pop into your head is that the person telling you the story is the real molester.
KissMyTail wrote:There was a similar situation involving a "prominent resident" just a few years ago. That case involved a volunteer firefighter and a girl who reportedly was thirteen at the time. The firefighter guy was married to a school board member and the girl was a friend of the guy's daughter. There was some other guy she messed around with too from what I've been told. I know the firefighter guy did some time in the slammer, but I'm not sure what happened to the girl's other customer. Not that she whored herself out or anything, but I'm sure she received some kind of compensation for her services.

Most molesters are married guys and so all this makes perfect sense. I've heard of crazier stuff happening. In fact, I'm aware of a case in another state where a father actually sold indecent images of his very young daughter on the internet for bitcoin. He got away with it for awhile, but he wound up getting caught.

So much talk on Facebook this last week. Names being dropped and all sorts of craziness. It's really gotten out of hand. I'm sure some of it is true, but some of the stuff is pretty wild.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Some of it might be true. And some of it might be just made up. But there's an awful lot of it that's just plain dumb. Morons talk a lot of shit. And stupid morons are the worst!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:21 am

If there's one thing that Trona has an abundance of it's stupid morons!
:poop:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby hand » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:54 am

panamint_patty wrote:If there's one thing that Trona has an abundance of it's stupid morons!
:poop:

And the important thing to keep in mind is that there are stupid morons who do stupid things and there are stupid morons who talk about those stupid things. There may be lots of fictitious stories about what people do, but some of it is bound to be true.
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 am

Package thief caught by bad ass neighbor
Criminal behavior thwarted by alert neighbor! Or in other words, dumb ass thief caught by bad ass dude!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 pm

The two best good neighbor policies I've heard:
1) Keep Your Noise To Yourself
2) Remember the three S's: Safety, Security, and Serenity
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 pm

defcon wrote:
shotgunmary wrote:Years ago I read about some guy who drowned his neighbor's dog because it incessantly barked. At the time I thought that he must be some kind of monster, but then it happened to me. A neighbor got a dog and it barked on and off throughout the day, but at night it got really bad. I lost sleep and became extremely irritable. It was at that point I realized just how bad it is to have an inconsiderate neighbor and how barking dogs can drive people crazy. I tried talking to the neighbor, but he just laughed and told me to get used to it. So, I talked to some in-laws and one asked me if I minded if he did something drastic. I said that nothing was out-of-bounds just as long as my life could return to normal. The dog was gone two days later. I asked no questions and thanked my in-law. Here's the problem. New dog two weeks later. Same problem. Also I noticed that the neighbor had installed security cameras. I called my in-law again. He said he was up for the challenge and the dog was gone the next day. Cops were called by the neighbor and people in the neighborhood were questioned, but nothing came of it. The bad neighbor wound up moving and life is now good and my favorite in-law gets special presents on his birthday and at Christmas. I still don't know exactly what he did and quite frankly I don't care!

Heck, I'd drown the asshole, the dog, and his whole family, including his sweet innocent kids. Dog owners who allow their dogs to bark and disturb their neighbors are about as worthless and pathetic as it gets.

Looks like AC/DC agrees with you. Their latest song:
I SHOT THE DOG!
At least that's what it sounds like and that would be a better song topic anyways and so we'll go with it! It's like a subliminal message or something!
:laugh:
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby camel » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:04 pm

recluse: By golly, you're right! It does sound like he's saying "I SHOT THE DOG!" And some of the other lines almost sound like they would fit with that topic if a word or two were changed. Too funny!!!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pdm » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 am

The Beatles - It's Okay to Leave A Dog in a Hot Car
Missing song from The Beatles. Possibly their best!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News