Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:37 am

Yard Politics War
I don't know why it is hard for everyone to just realize and agree that ALL LIVES MATTER! If a thug gets himself shot by a cop he only has himself to blame and people should just accept it as the logical outcome of stupid behavior and if every once in a while a cop does something stupid people should just accept that there is no such thing as a perfect system and rare mistakes are not good, but they are unavoidable. It's called reality and people should just get used to it!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby trumpster » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:13 am

City tries new approach to solve dog barking complaints
Law enforcement should be more aggressive about dealing with this issue. Dog owners who can't keep their dogs from barking should be relieved of their right to own dogs. There's a such thing as responsibility and common courtesy and people who are neither should not live among us.
Make America Great Again
trumpster
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:58 am

I came across the quote shown below in the August board meeting thread. I think it should be reposted here since it provides a little clarification on the term "Karen" which gets thrown around so frequently. I've seen "Karen" misused so many times that I lost count long ago and there's been a definite drift in its meaning. Since so many dog owners seem to be "Karens" in the original sense and since dog owners get a lot of attention in this thread, it makes sense to repost it here.
ergot wrote:The most famous recent case of a false accusation is the so-called "KAREN" case. Not everyone knows the actual story which resulted in that term and so I'll provide a quick summary. Basically this guy was out bird-watching in a park and this lady named Karen was out with her dog and her dog was off its leash and scaring the birds in the area. It just so happened that the park had a rule that dogs must be kept on leashes and so the guy requested that Karen put her dog back on the leash so it would stop running around scaring the birds. Karen, being the typical self-righteous dog-owner who believes their dog is more important than people, objected to this request and rather than take the chance on the guy reporting her, she decided to preemptively call the cops and report that the guy was harassing and threatening her. In other words, she was making a false accusation to protect herself from a legitimate accusation. [The mainstream news media, being the racist halfwits that they are, stupidly spun this as an illustration of white privilege, which it wasn't. The guy happened to be black and the woman happened to be white, but that was merely incidental and not really relevant to the lesson to be learned from this incident. What should be focused on is the technique so commonly used in which a person makes a false accusation in order to take the heat off themselves.]
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cloud » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:01 pm

Are All Dog Lovers Zoophiles?
The part that grabbed my attention most intensely began at 52:50. I've known a few people who have told me stories like this. Not necessarily about themselves. Usually it's a friend, but the point is that this kind of thing is pretty common.
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:46 am

Weird Things All Dog Owners Do
Not really zoophilia.... but maybe borderline! :scared:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby KissMyTail » Fri May 14, 2021 10:56 am

Woman Sets Her House on Fire Then Sits to Watch It Burn: Cops
If it weren't for the grass, I would have thought this was the kind of thing that might happen in Trona. The lady who did it seems pretty much like your typical Trona resident.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CactusHugger » Sat May 15, 2021 5:52 am

KissMyTail: She would definitely fit right in! Between tweekers and their meth labs, down-and-outers trying to cash in on an insurance claim, and your run-of-the-mill redneck with pyromaniacal tendencies, it's amazing that Trona hasn't burned down to the ground long ago!
:laugh:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wabbit » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:31 am

My theory about the lockdowns is that the people who complained the most are the people with the worst neighbors. If your neighbor is a rude, worthless scumbag, then being stuck at home is probably not very pleasant!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:51 am

wabbit: The other group of people who complained the most were people with poorly behaved children. They were especially upset that the free babysitting service provided by the schools was unavailable!
:laugh:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wabbit » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 am

Woman Confronts Neighbor Over Tigger Flag
Not sure what the issue is here. If you can't hear it, then you can ignore it.
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News