TJUSD Board Meeting - September 09, 2016

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Banned Songs

Postby hokey smokes » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:11 am

CactusHugger: I actually laughed a bit as I read that list. I understand why the list was made at the time and how easily some disk jockey could have played one of these songs without even thinking, but it seems comical at this point to imagine a radio station receiving the list and mistaking it for a PLAY LIST and playing only the songs on this list days after the 9/11 tragedy. I know it's in bad taste, but it still strikes me as funny.
hokey smokes
Greenhorn

Re: Banned Songs

Postby desertrat » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:26 am

I checked out the WikiPedia page with the full list of songs banned by Clear Channel. And there is something slightly bizarre about the list that does seem ironic or oddly humorous. I kind of get the feeling that grocery stores have adopted racially neutral or politically correct playlists recently judging by some of the lame and banal songs I've heard while shopping the last couple months. I wonder if there's an organization banning certain songs there too.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - September 09, 2016

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Clowns Now Banned From Halloween
Insane Clown Policy :laugh:
But seriously, many schools throughout the country are banning clown costumes this year because of all the creepy clown sightings across the continent.

Best Comments:
1) What about the two clowns running for president?
2) If they ban clowns how are they going to have the next trump rally??
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News