TJUSD Board Meeting - March 08, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - March 08, 2018

Postby drdesert » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 am

Idaho science teacher accused of feeding puppy to turtle
If he did this in a class during the normal day, then I could see why some might whine, but he did this after school and no students were required to be there. Just not seeing the problem here. All the attention seems like a stupid waste of time and resources!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby cactuspete » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:29 am

shadylady wrote:Schools Are Still Spanking Students..In 2018! WTF!
An Arkansas high school administered corporal punishment to a student who participated in the recent school safety walkout.

Paddling, swatting, spanking, whatever you call it, I don't see it as a bad thing, although I tend to think that it's most appropriate for younger students. High school students should be required to do unpleasant community service such as roadside cleanups or sweeping large areas or something along those lines.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:26 pm

As they say, "Spare the rod, spoil the child." Discipline is not a bad thing. Some kids have no self-control and so they need extra motivation. If parents don't provide that motivation, then it's up to schools. If schools have no ability to discipline in a way that actually reaches a student, then they have no power to change anything. No use holding schools accountable, if there is no accountability for students!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 am

BoraxBill: Spare the rod, spoil the child is exactly what this society needs to return to. Kids are out of control nowadays. Either they spend all their time playing video games or they're taking drugs or both. Very few kids are on track to be productive adults. I blame bad parenting and libtard politicians and the entertainment industry.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Old Fashioned Discipline

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 am

CrustyOldFart: A little old fashioned discipline could go a long ways towards solving a lot of problems. Kick the libtards out of Sacramento and replace them with people with conservative values and a willingness to kick some ass and reform this damned state!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Man Confronts Superintendent, Claiming He Was Bullied as a Student
Awkward situation at a school board meeting in Texas...
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: CRYING OVER A SWIRLIE

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 am

ergot: Ah, the poor little snowflake got a swirlie when he was in junior high school and now he feels all sorry for himself and is calling it bullying. When I was in fifth grade some older kids gave me a swirlie and I may have helped give a couple swirlies when I was older. Things happen. You deal with it and you move on. These precious little SJW snowflakes need to buck up and stop crying over every little thing!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 am

Florida's Solution To Solve School Shootings: Clear Backpacks
Clear backpacks are a good idea. All the things listed in this video are good ideas, but the commentators are so dead set on taking away gun rights that that's all they can whine about!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 am

Ryan Deitsch: "We need to arm our teachers, with pencils, pens, paper" :roll2:
These kids seem to be convinced that taking away guns from law abiding people will somehow magically make it impossible for law breakers to get them. Solutions to complex problems seem so simple when you're a kid!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:29 am

'School Itself Is Violent & Oppressive,' Antifa Tells Students | Campus Unmasked
People going off the deep end... Install security equipment, do a better job promoting mental health, clamp down on anti-social behavior... but leave my guns alone and don't join a fringe group just because you're having a temper tantrum because you're incapable of wrapping your head around a complicated issue.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News