TJUSD Board Meeting - May 10, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - May 10, 2018

Postby mrfish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 am

A high school valedictorian was censored while trying to speak about sexual assault
I was always under the impression that the valedictorian speech had to be approved before the graduation ceremony. To take it upon oneself to deviate from the agreed upon speech seems extremely dishonest to me. This young lady may have gotten good grades, but her character is fundamentally flawed.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:43 am

Seems quite inappropriate to talk about her sexual assault during a graduation speech that is supposed to motivate the students. I wonder if she does the same thing at a drive up window when they ask "Would you like fries with that?".
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 am

surfsteve: Apparently, it's her favorite topic of conversation. Some guys like to talk about cars and sports at any opportunity. Some women like to talk about travel, celebrities, or fashion any chance they get. For her it's sexual assault and with the existence of the #metoo movement there are plenty of hysterical bitches ready to join in.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 am

Teacher Fed Up With Students Swearing, Stealing, And Destroying Property Speaks Out
Sound familiar? Most parents and teachers don't speak out like this. The majority always suffers due to the misdeeds of a few.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 am

Students do need to be held accountable, not only for their behavior, but also for their grades. The problem is that there are no consequences or at least consequences that get their attention. And I can guarantee that the minute you try to hold them accountable some shyster lawyer will show up and claim that their rights are being violated. The reason that public education doesn't work is twofold: 1) Not all students are motivated to try hard, and 2) Corrupt companies siphon public funds for overpriced materials and services.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News