Trona High School

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Trona High School

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:38 am

twister wrote:When twerking first became a "thing" I thought it wouldn't be around for long. Since then I've seen so many cheerleading teams work twerking into their routines. Back when there was little league football, even the junior cheerleaders were twerking!

Teen Titans Go! | Dance Your Butt Off
Twerking seems to be an established and accepted thing in mainstream culture. This cartoon series has won the Kid's Choice Award several times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Titans_Go!_(TV_series)
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Today a friend and I discussed recent posts to this thread and she told me a story about her nephew. Apparently he and two other boys were acting silly during PE last year before the school shut down for the coronavirus. They were standing on their hands with their feet up on the wall and twerking upside down. Eventually the PE teacher noticed and told them to cut it out and told them that doing that sort of thing was not the kind of thing that guys should do. When the boy's mother heard about it she considered filing a sexual harassment complaint against the PE teacher, but then decided it wasn't worth the bother. Her son wasn't really all that "traumatized" by what the PE teacher had said and making a big deal over the incident could possibly have been embarrassing.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:28 am

2white girls upside down wall twerking :laugh:
In case anyone isn't sure what upside down twerking looks like, here's a video! I can imagine silly boys having all sorts of fun with this! I can also imagine some uptight PE teacher being uncomfortable with boys he catches attempting to perform this stunt since he probably sees this as gender inappropriate behavior. He should probably refrain from sexually harassing them and just express concerns about their physical safety and leave it at that.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby hand » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 am

Fat Chick twerking
Reminds me of a jello commercial.
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:26 am

defcon wrote:
ziggy wrote:wabbit: Yeah, they seem smarter, but what's amazing is that they're not fat. Almost every high school girl I'm aware of is at least twenty pounds overweight. I hate to see what they look like by the time they're 30!

Everytime I go to WalMart I see fat people!

twister wrote:That video was over FIVE MILLION views! Over 63K people liked it and only 4K people disliked it. You'd think that more people would be offended, but I guess not. Fortunately for fat people, not that many people can play a tenor sax well enough to do what's shown in the video, but maybe a few people will be inspired to become musicians after watching the video!!!

Talk about smart alecks! I like their sense of humor, but I could see them getting themselves into a bit of trouble.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:36 am

"You immediately become aware of how little High School students know"Jordan Peterson
Young people often have no clue how much they don't know and at the same time they are so full of confidence that they know all they need to know. For some this persists throughout life, but most people realize how little they know by the time they're twenty or so.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 am

Ten Percent Of U.S. High School Students Graduating Without Basic Object Permanence Skills
Piaget developed a theory of mental development which included a number of stages through which all humans progress. Object permanence is a cognitive awareness which develops while a child is still a toddler. It may be an exaggeration to say that many high school kids have not developed this understanding by the time they graduate, but it is definitely true that many high school kids do not have a reasonable skill set upon graduation.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shotgunmary » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 am

wildrose wrote:It may be an exaggeration to say that many high school kids have not developed this understanding by the time they graduate, but it is definitely true that many high school kids do not have a reasonable skill set upon graduation.

Which begs the question: Why then are they allowed to graduate?
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wabbit » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:09 am

Casually Explained: High School
The life-long significance of high school should not be overestimated unless of course you're a loser who achieves next to nothing after being set free!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby rainbow » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Teenagers Are Exploding! - SPONTANEOUS: First 5 Minutes From The Movie (2020)
If this happened too many times at Trona High School, then there wouldn't be any kids left. :unsure:
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News