Buying groceries in Trona

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Buying groceries in Trona

Postby surfsteve » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:40 am

Been passing by the Family Dollar store and the parking lot has been empty since the other day. Maybe they were just looking at the damage. Seems like they would have done that a long time ago. In the mean time, Trona remains without a grocery store.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:23 am

Was talking with neighbors and they said that the family dollar had been robbed and vandalized. I did notice that one of the doors had a piece of plywood over it as if it had been broken. Seems like it's taking forever to open the store back up, if indeed that's even going to happen.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pdm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:43 pm

LOCATIONS FAMILY DOLLAR STORE
According to this page the Trona location is still open. At least it says it's open from 8 AM to 10 PM today. There's a phone number. Maybe someone should call it to see what happens. Better yet, maybe the people who maintain the Family Dollar website should consider the possibility of updating the page!
:smack:
https://locations.familydollar.com/ca/trona/31447/
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 am

I called them several times after the quake and their recording came on as if they were open but if you try and speak to an actual person it wont transfer you. I assume since they didn't update their website that they didn't update their phone service either...
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:14 am

I noticed on the website you posted there was a link to email the Family Dollar so I emiled them telling them how much this community needs a grocery store urging them to reopen it.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Family Dollar Dunces

Postby KissMyTail » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:41 am

An efficiently run business updates phone recordings and info posted on a website. Makes you wonder who's running the store so to speak! You'd think that they'd show basic consideration to their customers by keeping them informed!
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shotgunmary » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 am

It's been a heck of a long time since most people who live in Trona have done their grocery shopping in Trona. I for one do not miss Family Dollar, but I do feel bad for those who found it in someway useful.
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby twister » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:14 am

Buying groceries in Trona was never a thing most people did. At least not in the last couple decades. I suppose there were the days before the big layoff in the 1980s where things were different, but that was a long, long time ago by most people's reckoning!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby defcon » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Woke Grocery Store
Fun times in Berkeley! Funny commentary all the way through!
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:32 am

defcon: The commentary was definitely interesting and I mostly like that store although it seems like some of the people shopping there might be a little stuck up. All the same, I'd like to check out that store for myself. I'm just not terribly sure I want to drive all the way up to Berkeley to do so!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News