TJUSD Board Meeting - September 12, 2019

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Schools and Teachers

Postby KissMyTail » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:43 am

CAROLE: I think that SKY NEWS is a British channel, but she is probably the most annoying discussion leader I've ever seen. I really don't know why anyone would watch the show. She's that annoying!
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Re:

Postby shadylady » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:14 am

KissMyTail: Annoying? She's so far beyond merely annoying that I have a hard time seeing how you could fail to list at least some of the other negative aspects of her personality. Here's a start: pig-headed, stupidly obstinate, arrogantly opinionated, aggravatingly dim-witted, intellecually constipated, obnoxious, abhorrent, insufferably loathsome, etc.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - September 12, 2019

Postby pdm » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:24 pm

We Finally Know Why Buses Don't Have Seatbelts
This is something I never spent any time worrying about, but it's an interesting discussion nevertheless.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:20 am

Lawsuit: School Strip-Searched An 8-Year-Old Because Someone Found Feces On A Bathroom Floor
Definitely not a wise course of action under any circumstances. Obviously this kind of thing is going to cause people to be upset.
Having discovered diarrhea on the bathroom floor, school administrators decided to do something no school administrator should do: they pulled the 8-year-old child ("W.B." in the lawsuit) into the office, stripped him down, and "searched his naked rectal area" for evidence of floor-pooping.

LINK:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190910/10365842961/lawsuit-school-strip-searched-8-year-old-because-someone-found-feces-bathroom-floor.shtml
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby KissMyTail » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Sixth grader: Classmates assaulted me, cut my dreadlocks
Quick post: A couple friends and I just watched this news clip and we all agree that it doesn't seem believable. We agree that it's more likely than not that she's lying.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby recluse » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:37 pm

KissMyTail wrote:Sixth grader: Classmates assaulted me, cut my dreadlocks
Quick post: A couple friends and I just watched this news clip and we all agree that it doesn't seem believable. We agree that it's more likely than not that she's lying.

All it takes to be MORE LIKELY THAN NOT is 51%. I'd say that chances that she's lying are somewhere above 80%, maybe even 90%. I've become increasingly skeptical of stories like these in recent years since so many have turned out to be hoaxes.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby KissMyTail » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:06 pm

recluse: We put the odds that she's lying at about 75% and so I guess that makes you a little more cynical than us! :laugh:
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Re: DREADLOCKS HOAX

Postby twister » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:29 am

DREADLOCKS HOAX: I totally agree that it's highly likely that the story is completely made up. She undoubtedly cut her hair herself. She just wants a little attention and a chance to play the victim card. Look at how well it's paid off already! GEEZ!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:12 pm

No ‘concrete evidence’ in Trona High School shooting threat
So there was a threat, but nobody seems to know who made the threat. That's odd....
Trona High School took precautions Monday morning after receiving information Sunday night about a rumor of a student talking about school shootings, according to an announcement made by Trona High Principal Joseph Wolfe via social media. “As of right now, we are unaware of the identification of the student who may have said this,” Wolfe said in an announcement posted on Trona High School’s Facebook page Monday afternoon. “We identified the student that heard it and that student cannot remember exactly what was said and who said it.”

https://www.ridgecrestca.com/news/20190930/no-concrete-evidence-in-trona-high-school-shooting-threat
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:19 am

cactuspete: Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. If there was a threat made, then someone needs to do some explaining. Somebody is protecting someone and that much is pretty obvious. Anything that was posted on social media can be tracked and there ain't a social media company in the world that won't cooperate with this kind of investigation.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News