TJUSD Board Meeting - October 10, 2019

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - October 10, 2019

Postby recluse » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Students tackle classmate who pulled out gun at school, police say
This was in Orange County. Apparently goat-like facial hair is cool with high school kids down there! :yup:
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:21 pm

THE CURSE OF CREATIVITY - Powerful Life Advice | Jordan Peterson
Should schools encourage creativity? Well, maybe and maybe not. It's one thing to be able to appreciate the creativity of others and quite another thing to try to make a living by being creative. But who knows? In this video Jordan Peterson discusses the dilemma faced by many highly creative people. Personally, I think he barely scratches the surface when it comes to the problems faced by creative types. Then again, everyone has their own special challenges in life and some people have bigger challenges than others, but we all have challenges and sometimes we fail to understand the challenges faced by other people.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:34 am

Hot Substitute Teacher :wtf:
What school on earth has this many attractive people in it? The typical high school cheerleader is overweight and has acne issues. The typical male substitute teacher is some old fart or else he's a fat slob. Nothing like this would ever happen in reality!!!!!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dzrtdwg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:28 am

twister: I'm sure someone will object to your statement that "the typical high school cheerleader is overweight," but that's really in reality quite accurate. I've seen a few porkers cheering at various sports events in the last several years and it's amazing how fat teenagers are getting nowadays. There were hysterical claims that anorexia was a problem years ago and that was never a valid claim. The number of girls with anorexia was never above maybe two percent of the population whereas probably a good two-thirds of teenage girls are overweight now. Statistics show that it's better by far to be underweight than to be overweight. Stop telling girls that they look good with a few extra pounds and start encouraging them to manage their weight so that they maintain a healthy weight that won't set them up for medical problems later in life!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby pdm » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 am

dzrtdwg: Two-thirds? Try 75% or probably more like 80%!!! Kids sit around and play video games or spend time on social media instead of playing outside nowadays and all the time they're munching on something. The problem is that the obesity rate is up across all age groups, but I've never seen more fat kids in my life. Cheerleaders at a local game I attended looked more like fat camp flunkies than anything I'd expect to see wearing a skimpy outfit and doing cheerleading routines. It was pathetic. Just plain pathetic!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby whiskeypete » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:32 am

Fat Cheerleader
Not exactly a vision of grace and beauty. In fact, she's downright clumsy and walrus-like and that's being kind. Not that I want to be mean, but when people ignore standards of excellence and want the rest of us to pretend that everything is okay, then there's a problem. It's kind of a white-elephant-in-the-room kind of situation.... no pun intended, of course.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 am

Ray Stevens - Everything is Beautiful (1970)
whiskeypete: I get what you're saying, but....
(I know it's pretty corny, but it's better to be positive than to be negative.)
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pdm » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:14 am

tronagirl: You can put lipstick on a pig, but.... Okay, so a pig might be beautiful since it is the source of delicious bacon and so everything might be beautiful in its own way, BUT when something tries to be beautiful in a way it's not suited for then it's no longer beautiful. It's just fat, awkward and pathetic!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:18 am

pdm: Another way of looking at it is to acknowledge that whales are beautiful creatures when they're swimming in the ocean, but if they were to try flopping around in the middle of a high school gym, then they'd just look pathetic! Not to be mean, but you are what you is! Don't expect others to pretend that you're something that you're not.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: FAT CHEERLEADER

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 am

FAT CHEERLEADER: I think some of the main objections to comments made to this sub-topic would have to do with fat-shaming and anorexia. I think both objections are meritless, but that doesn't mean that lots of people won't buy into them. The whole anorexia thing was just propaganda by the fat pride types to make it seem socially acceptable to be ridiculously overweight. Same goes for people who claim that they have a medical condition. That almost never happens. Maybe one percent of teenage girls ever actually suffer with anorexia and maybe one-tenth of a percent of obese people have a real medical issue which prevents them from losing weight. The world is full of people who like to make excuses!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News