TJUSD Board Meeting - March 12, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - March 12, 2020

Postby wildrose » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:24 am

shadylady wrote:
pdm wrote:pcslim: From what I've heard the virus can alter both the genome and the epigenome and can impact anything from adult height to brain development and development of sex organs. (In other words, it could impact fertility -- aka, the ability to produce offspring later in life.) Anyone who is not fully grown would be at risk with prepubescent children particularly at risk. Children in early puberty might be at even greater risk than prepubescent children, but that's not fully understood at this point. In any case, here's what you might call a coronavirus scoreboard:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

California's Coronavirus Death Toll Climbs To 27
Large increases seen, particularly in the 18 to 64 age bracket. It does appear that it's starting to hit younger people. I'd expect to see the under 18 age group hit harder and harder over the next several weeks. Parents need to be careful and not assume that this is mostly just hitting older people. We already see it moving down through different age groups and with the up to two week delay before symptoms appear it's best to assume that EVERYONE IS INFECTED!

The death toll keeps going up and it seems to be accelerating, especially here in the USA. We're now number three on the list of countries with the most cases with only Italy and China above us. The way idiots in this country have been behaving, we'll almost certainly be number one within two weeks. That's astounding because China has over 1.3 BILLION people compared to our 330 MILLION people. In other words their population is about four times as large as ours! They also had no warning and we had lots of time to develop a plan. But when people want to go out and party despite school closures and sports league cancellations, you know you're dealing with incredible STUPIDITY and that's exactly what we saw here in the USA! I know a lot of people who acted responsibly, but there were so many people doing exactly what they shouldn't have been doing.
:smack:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby JanuaryJones » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 am

I heard that infection rates have gone crazy largely because more people are being tested. It's the death rates that really matter. But I agree that people have been irresponsible and stupid especially here in California and back east in Florida. I'm happy with the way our president has handled this. It's like walking a tightrope.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby hand » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:24 am

High school and college seniors missing "life's moments" during coronavirus
Poor babies! Someone please get me a violin so I can play for them a sad song!
:nopity: :roll2: :laugh:
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:26 pm

"Weird Al" Yankovic - First World Problems
HAND: Thanks for that. I hope the delicate little snowflakes will somehow survive!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:29 pm

First World Problems
BONUS VIDEO! Not sure if this YouTuber's name is politically correct. Hopefully no one has a hissyfit!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:25 am

I saw an announcement that Governor Newsom has ordered schools to remain shut for the remainder of the academic year. An effort would be required to keep kids learning at home, but no one knows how well that will work. Meanwhile, the USA now has about double the number of coronavirus cases than the second place country. Only a few days ago we were in third place and China was in first place. China has dropped to fourth place with Italy in second and Spain in third. China has a larger population than the top three combined and they had the earliest cases of the disease and yet somehow they've managed to keep the disease from spreading. That doesn't say a lot for our country and unfortunately very little of the fault falls on our leadership. We just have a ton of dysfunctionally stupid and irresponsible idiots living in our country, sorry to say!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 am

Healthy 30-year-old teacher dies suddenly from coronavirus
The coronavirus ain't no joke! Thirty-years-old is pretty young and it's likely we'll be hearing about more and more younger and younger people being killed by this virus.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 am

Rethinking the way we look at education
Something to think about anyways:
https://coronavirushomeschooling.com/
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:57 pm

Best of Online School Trolling Compilation
Enjoy the fun while it lasts. The kinks will be worked out fairly quickly.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News