TJUSD Board Meeting - August 13, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - August 13, 2020

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:07 am

Are Helicopter Parents Ruining a Generation?
Kids need to learn to be responsible and when parents enable their children to behave in an irresponsible manner they interfere with their child's growth and development.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:48 am

Helicopter Parents: The lengths parents go to pamper & please their kids
Kids need to work for things. When things are just handed to them they develop what people call an attitude of entitlement. They need to learn how to deal with adversity. They shouldn't be protected from difficult people and difficult situations. Pampered kids grow up to be special snowflakes and we already have way too many of those in this world!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dilbert » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:56 am

Alarming rise in child violence against parents during COVID lockdown :nopity:
Looks like bad parents are reaping what they've sown. Good parents are actually enjoying the extra time with their kids, but for bad parents their bad habits have resulted in little monsters that even they can't stand. Undoubtedly some parents hit back and so I'm sure there is more child abuse happening, but this is a case of people getting what they deserve.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:51 pm

This song got posted in two private Facebook groups along with the actual name of the girl being discussed. Little coincidence about the first initials.
hand wrote:Funny how someone can wind up a hostage on a train on which he was originally the conductor. Fortunately this usually only happens to the worst of us....

My dad's only vice was that he made me listen to way too many oldies and maybe he did a little too much weed on weekends, but this song stuck with me and the horrid little story told on this page somehow reminded me of this song. This song has also been covered by Metallica and Iron Maiden, but Jethro Tull does it best:

This was also posted there:
drdesert wrote:
shadylady wrote:
tronagirl wrote: So, obviously not wearing a mask is a pretty trivial issue compared to the other issues that this prominent member of the community has and for more on that you might check out some of the recent comments made in the NEIGHBORS thread which might help explain why many people say that the daughter is a wack job. Of course, this is all just speculation, but 2+2=4 as they say and so I'll leave that one alone....

Having reviewed the statements made in the NEIGHBORS thread, I'd say that there's a pretty obvious reason why the daughter might be a wack job! Girls who are molested by their fathers tend to have psychological problems. They also tend to be highly likely to make false allegations against other men. It's a coping mechanism. Although their thinking is dysfunctional and logically deficient by normal standards, they are trying to prove to themselves that a) other men are just as bad as daddy, and b) daddy's behavior is sort of normal and not so perverted after all when compared to the behavior of other guys. Obviously I'm doing a little bit of armchair psychoanalyzing here, but assuming what others have said and putting two and two together, I think what I've said is pretty plausible. Just as obviously, it's possible that others are mistaken in their assertions and in that case there are other possible explanations which might come to bear, but that's always the case when dealing with an incomplete and possibly inaccurate data set.

Making false allegations against other men is also a first step in gaining the nerve to turn daddy in. Daddy has no choice but to back his daughter to the hilt since he has to do everything he can to make sure his daughter does not turn against him. He's a hostage of his own perversion. He knows his daughter is making up stuff against the other man, but he can't confront his daughter because he knows that if he makes her mad that he's toast! It's one hell of a bind to be in, but he deserves it! It's only a matter of time....

As was this:
shadylady wrote:drdesert: Or it could be that the father is protecting another adult male relative. Let's see there could be an uncle, grandfather, cousins, or even older siblings. In any case, the false accusation could just be a first step towards accusing the actual culprit. Quite often false accusations are made against easy targets because it's too painful to accuse the actual person who committed the molestation. It's sort of like accusation by proxy. Definitely not logical or reasonable, but something that an emotionally stunted person might do. I make no excuses for false accusers of any age, but there are common patterns which occur in these situations.

The elaboration and open discussion including names went way beyond what would be allowed here. But then again a lot can be said in a private FB group.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:33 am

A lot of people involved in this situation were named on Facebook. Lots of details given out too. The claim was made that the father of the girl encouraged other girls to make false accusations against teachers at the school. One Facebook poster even claimed to have been one of the girls the father was attempting to recruit! There was a lot of other weirdness going on at the school too. There was a lawsuit that was mentioned and there was something about an affair between two school employees which was pretty juicy. Another really strange thing was something about some kids skipping a grade at the elementary school. It wasn't just one kid, but a group of them. It had something to do with them not liking the restroom policy of the teacher teaching the grade they were skipping. One of the kids was said to have some kind of birth defect which resulted in deformed genitalia and somehow that impinged on his ability to hold his urine. Yet another story had something to do with a transgender student. Lots of details on that one! It sounds like the school is basically a disaster zone both physically and as far as the relationships between people who work there and kids who attend the school. Basically just one big freak show! They say you can't make stuff like this up and so there's a good chance most of it is true.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cloud » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:21 am

Pallister-Hall Syndrome
One of the birth defects which results in deformed genitalia is Pallister-Hall Syndrome. Here are some of the symptoms:
1) Micropenis - abnormally small penis
2) Hypothyroidism
3) Extra toes and/or fingers
4) Sometimes brain abnormalities
Obviously an abnormally small penis might create a need for more frequent restroom trips and I could see how parents might be hypersensitive about that one. Usually extra toes or fingers are only partially formed and easily removed soon after birth and so it might not be obvious that someone has this syndrome and of course people don't usually parade around in the nude and so the micropenis would be easily hidden. Other symptoms are much less obvious, but the point is that a kid could easily have been born with this birth defect, but few people would know about it and understandably the family might go to great lengths to hide the problem. I'd imagine that most teachers would accommodate any kind of medical issue, but some parents are hypersensitive and might over-react to even reasonable restroom policies.
LINK:
https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/pallister-hall-syndrome/
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/pallister-hall-syndrome
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby ziggy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:11 am

cloud wrote:
....and of course people don't usually parade around in the nude and so the micropenis would be easily hidden.

:laugh: Yes, a small penis would be easy to hide!!!! :laugh:
ziggy
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby hand » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:55 pm

One method is demonstrated in this video:
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shotgunmary » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Lots of activity on Facebook today. This topic has drawn a lot of interest. Several posts said that almost all the issues involve two people at the school. One is the school board member who has received a lot of attention in this thread and the other is his brother who is the head janitor. People say that they are both bullies who like to intimidate people and set up fights or disputes between people. Most of the posts involved the school board member, but both got mentioned fairly frequently. Someone at the school needs to sort things out a bit is what it sounds like.
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby defcon » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:26 pm

HEAD JANITOR? Does that mean he mainly cleans toilets? :poop:
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News