SEXXX EDUCATION

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: SEXXX EDUCATION

Postby shadylady » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:22 am

Inappropriate gesture? 16-year-old Sara Bejlek with her dad/coach
Apparently the low IQ crowd on Facebook has gone apeshit over this video clip from a tennis match. People in the USA are way too quick to apply their cultural standards to others. It just goes to show how self-absorbed and ignorant Americans are. Here's an excellent comment regarding this non-incident.
I am Czech and live in Finland. In every culture there is not only different language (of words), but also different language of gestures. When I show this video to anybody in Finland they would experience it as too intimate and inappropriate gesture. At the same time in Finland it is absolutely normal, that parents go with children together naked in sauna. And it has NO sexual connotation at all. Contradiction? Double standards? No. Every gesture has its meaning from its cultural context. Please stop these STUPID judgments. With moral judgments You only say: my culture is superior to other culture and its rules apply to the whole world.

shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby torn80 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:34 am

BE LIKE MIKE COMMERCIAL
And then there's this Michael Jordan commercial where he pats some kid's rear several times....
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:11 am

torn80: This country has devolved into a country full of nitpickers. Any tiny little thing people can find to complain about, they make a big deal about it. The truly bizarre aspect to that is that often things which really are a big deal are ignored or over-looked. We truly live in an "Alice In Wonderland" society where there is no sense of proportion.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby defcon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:09 am

Michael Jackson the purest soul in the world
I feel like a MJ joke would fit in right about here, but on a more serious note. Some people see him as a saint with a pure heart and others see him as a pervert. There's no doubt that he touched a lot of children, but did he touch them inappropriately? People's imaginations run wild and some people refuse to entertain troubling thoughts in their heads, but no one knows anything for sure except for possibly the actual victims, if in fact there actually were any.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:17 am

Welcome to Sex book slammed as the latest left ‘woke trend’
It sounds like this book goes a bit too far. When I was a teenager there was a book called "Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask." Back in the day parents would leave it around the house in hopes of their teenagers reading it. Parents often don't want to talk to kids about sex and so the book was a way out of that uncomfortable situation, but this "Welcome To Sex" book goes way beyond the "Everything You Wanted To Know...." book.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:13 am

The "Welcome To Sex" book is temporarily out of stock on Amazon, but you can use the "Look Inside" feature to get an idea of what the book is like. From what I saw, it's a perfectly reasonable book that looks at sex from all points of view and respects all those points of view. In other words, it's a neutral and fair presentation. Extremists hate neutral and fair and so anyone criticizing the book is probably an extremist of some form. Remember there are conservative and liberal extremists who don't want to listen to opposing views. This book, based on what I saw in the "Look Inside" preview on Amazon, seems to do its best to explain most viable points of view on the topic. The book must be selling well if it is temporarily out of stock!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Brenda’s Beaver Needs A Barber
Most kids wouldn't even realize that this is a sex education lesson! :laugh:
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrgreen » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:43 pm

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Brenda isn't the only one who has a beaver, although it is possible that Wynona's beaver might be a porcupine.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:42 am

The Gender Fairy Will Grant Your Gender Wishes Today!
Probably not on the official state list of approved sex education books, but it's better than any of them!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News