TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and Mumbles

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Survivor (American TV series)

Postby trumpster » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:29 am

This is nothing short of remarkable. I've been reading Trona News for a couple years now and only recently decided to join, but this is one of the craziest stories I've seen on this message board and that's saying a lot!
torn80 wrote:
tronagirl wrote:
torn80 wrote:
blackturtle.us wrote:The entire meeting lasted about twenty minutes. All five board members were present. Four were wearing masks and one was not wearing a mask. The superintendent wore a mask. (No one else appeared on camera.)

I watched a few minutes of the video carefully to make sure the dipshit wasn't wearing one of those masks that might blend in with his face. I wanted to be fair and not jump to conclusions only to be wrong. The video quality wasn't the best, but there's no denying that the moron wasn't wearing a mask and you can see the other board members on either side of him moved as far away from him as they could. What kind of irresponsible imbecile shows up at a board meeting without a mask and how did such an arrogant fool wind up on a public school board? How is it that the other board members did not vote to censor him? That makes the whole bunch of them look like complete idiots!

That guy is one hell of a piece of work! Some friends and I got together this evening and we had a long discussion. Part of the time we talked about this guy and his family and their issues and there are a lot of them. Quite awhile back I heard about a big meeting at the school. It was supposed to be a meeting of just union members, but there were eavesdroppers and so a lot of people heard about what went on at the meeting. Apparently the board member who wasn't wearing a mask has a daughter who many people say is a bit of a wack job to put it bluntly and many say that the older son isn't much better. According to the stories I've heard (and they seem quite credible, but technically are just rumors) the daughter falsely accused a teacher of improper touching, there were also issues with accusing teachers of making mistakes on grading and treating the son and daughter unfairly, and on top of that the son was allegedly caught with drugs at school and assaulted a school employee in order to prevent the evidence from being confiscated. Somehow that incident got turned around and there was supposed to be a lawsuit against the school employee for assaulting the son even though the son was a big strong football player and the school employee was a middle-aged woman. So, obviously not wearing a mask is a pretty trivial issue compared to the other issues that this prominent member of the community has and for more on that you might check out some of the recent comments made in the NEIGHBORS thread which might help explain why many people say that the daughter is a wack job. Of course, this is all just speculation, but 2+2=4 as they say and so I'll leave that one alone....

But getting back to the eavesdroppers. The school has an intercom system as does most schools and certain people apparently have a nasty little habit of invading the privacy of other employees in order to capture little tidbits of information they can gossip about. As it turns out the board member we are discussing has a brother who works at the school and he has a group of shall we say "flying monkeys" who are his close confidants. Apparently they shared what they heard with him and since then endless retaliation has been the outcome. It's been a lot of little things, but a lot of friction has developed at the school as a result.

If you're unfamiliar with the term "flying monkeys" you should check out this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_monkeys_(popular_psychology)

tronagirl: Flying Monkeys? That's a really great way of illustrating the concept! According to the WikiPedia page: "A flying monkey can be anyone who believes the narcissist's fake persona, including the narcissist's spouse, child, friend, sibling, neighbor or cousin." Also it goes on to say: "Despite this (all the assistance they provide to the narcissist), the narcissist does not hesitate to make flying monkeys his or her scapegoats when and if needed." As I understand it this particular person being discussed would qualify as a narcissist for a number of reasons, but many people say that he is self-aggrandizing and that he considers himself to be a legend in his own mind. Apparently he has won a few minor prizes by participating in rodeo events. Not a lot of competition there and so his accomplishments are easily over-rated. As others have stated, this is all speculative. There's clearly an issue and obvious dysfunctionality, but there are a lot of unknowns and so nothing can be stated definitively.
Make America Great Again
trumpster
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wabbit » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:52 am

torn80 wrote: As I understand it this particular person being discussed would qualify as a narcissist for a number of reasons, but many people say that he is self-aggrandizing and that he considers himself to be a legend in his own mind. Apparently he has won a few minor prizes by participating in rodeo events. Not a lot of competition there and so his accomplishments are easily over-rated.

Speaking of rodeos I attended a rodeo up in Bishop a few years ago and I was amazed by all the fat people. It was like shopping at WalMart!
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby MAGA » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:32 am

Shake that lafy taffy mechanical bull ride
Obesity is at epidemic levels and maybe it's worse within certain sub-populations. People who are into pancake breakfasts, BBQs, and all-you-can-eat buffets are probably the worst, but it's pretty much everywhere.
STOP THE STEAL
MAGA
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby torn80 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:43 am

shadylady wrote:People Who Died Recreating These Movie Scenes
Although Transactional Analysis doesn't necessarily have anything to do with people living out movie or TV show scenarios, there is a parallel to be drawn. The term "games" refers to stereotypical scripts which underlie the behavior of people in real life. Sometimes game elements are present in fictional presentations. However, fictional presentations can inspire new games and other times fictional presentations are emulated to make life seem more exciting. In either case, behavior patterns of this type tend to be maladaptive or dysfunctional and ultimately unrealistic. Although the "Survivor" game might not be physically dangerous, at least not on the surface, it could lead to an escalation which could include interactions which might be less than safe.

People need to mind their own business and reading through this thread I realized that often people with agendas attempt to railroad others in order to push their agendas through. Although they play by the rules to some extent, there is collusion behind the scenes and that's where the rules get bent. If on top of this element of collusion, the entire enterprise becomes a game, then there is an added layer of violation which is beyond intolerable. Some people involved in the charade don't realize what's going on beneath the surface and they wind up unwittingly enabling the entire escapade.
Robert Burns wrote:The best laid schemes of mice and men.
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 am

Michael Knowles Has Been CANCELED
Beginning at 1:28 Candace Owens says: "If you have a mental disorder, that's fine. You know, I don't need to come up to you and tell you that I think that you have a mental disorder, that would be rude. But when you have a mental disorder and you're now requiring that I have a mental disorder.... right.... to meet your mental disorder.... that doesn't work for me. Which is to say that if somebody was walking around as a schizophrenic and saying that they were superman and then telling me that I was required to treat them like superman, I wouldn't play the game."
This is the perfect explanation of cancel culture. People who cancel others are basically people with mental illnesses who get butthurt when others don't validate their mental illness. Pretending that a mental illness is normal is not the right solution to any problem!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cloud » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:04 am

tronagirl wrote:Survivor (American TV series)
There's a bunch of interesting gossip going around about a group of employees at the school and several of their friends in the community who are playing this game for real at the school. They successfully targeted an employee last year and now they have other employees listed for elimination. Part of the idea is to make room for one of their friends who needs a job. The details are a little sketchy and so if anyone can fill in the details, I'd like to know, but realize that naming names is strictly verboten.

I can't believe that anyone would actually do this to a co-worker or that an employer would allow this sort of thing to go on.
panamint_patty wrote:tronagirl: This has been brought up on Fakebook a bunch of times. The scoop is that there is a group of women sometimes referred to as the "mean girls" who are plotting and scheming behind the scenes to "eliminate" adversaries with the ultimate intent of more or less running the school. They seem to have the principal in their back pocket and it's not clear if he is aware of their plot according to what I've read. There is a core group of about four or five individuals, but they have a network of allies who work with them. Job security and control seem to be the motivating factors and creating job openings so that friends can be employed is a major objective. All this is somewhat speculative, but along with other things said in the Neighbors and Trona High School threads there seems to be a lot of evidence. One of them has control of the intercom system and has been known to spy on other employees. The mess needs to be cleaned up, but so far it's been allowed to persist.

If the group actually succeeded at first, wouldn't serious legal issues not be far behind?
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:28 am

cloud: Thanks for the repost. Tronagirl and I made those posts way back last October when there was a flurry of activity in the form of comments on the topic in various Facebook groups. That activity has simmered along ever since then and there's been an uptick of activity recently. There have been comments about a group referred to as the "Rodeo Clowns" which I won't go into. All I'll say is that they seem to be at the center of this conspiracy and there seems to be a fair amount of collusion between a number of individuals based on what I've read on Facebook and heard through the gossip mill. Why school leaders have allowed this to persist is a question I'd like answered. Good leaders squelch this type of activity rather decisively and there seems to be a power vacuum at the school as the result of incompetent leadership.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby torn80 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:07 am

I think I know the answer to this question, but in this thread there's a group called the "mean girls." Are they part of the "rodeo clowns" group or are they more like groupies?
:laugh:
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby drdesert » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:21 am

The important insight to realize here is that teachers who are willing to target other teachers as described here will eventually turn around and do the same to students who they don't like. Call it workplace mobbing, bullying, harassment, gaslighting, or whatever. The bottom line is that its a pattern of behavior and there's an endless need for victims and those who do nothing to stop it and intercede on behalf of current victims are likely to eventually become victims themselves.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby wildrose » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:06 am

Workplace Gaslighting
Going to HR is not very good advice. A good lawyer would be a better choice! HR is likely to be in on the scheme to harass the employee. That's not to say that HR is not worth a try, but it's unlikely that HR will do anything about the situation. It's a cop out to suggest that a victim should get a new job. It's important to hold gas-lighters, harassers, bullies, and the like accountable. As for tough bosses, that's possible, but often bosses are in on the scheme and so that person needs to be held accountable also.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News