TJUSD Board Meeting - December 10, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - December 10, 2020

Postby ergot » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:03 pm

shotgunmary wrote:I have grandkids scattered all over the place and I've watched parts of four online Christmas presentations so far. I have other relatives who will inevitably share a few more of these precious (sarcasm intended) little presentations I expect. To say that Trona's presentation was the worst is an understatement. I'm sure it's the result of a combination of factors, but it reflects poorly on the school and the community. It's a shame that more effort wasn't put into the presentation. It would have been better to do nothing than to put out such garbage! I talk to my kids all the time on Zoom or Google and I really don't see the point of throwing together a half-assed presentation. Either do it reasonably well or don't do it at all!

I think at one time the saying was DO IT WELL OR DON'T DO IT ALL ALL or maybe DO YOUR BEST OR NOT AT ALL, but now it seems that now we are willing to settle for REASONABLY WELL. That says a lot about how we have degenerated as a society. Standards have been lowered to the point that mediocrity is perfectly acceptable or even praiseworthy.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Starting next year, soda ash producers will pay a reduced royalty rate
The schools in Searles Valley receive money from soda ash royalties and it looks like that amount might be decreased significantly.
The royalty rate for federal soda ash and sodium bicarbonate leases will be reduced from 6% to 2% once the new rule goes into effect on Jan. 1.

https://trib.com/business/energy/starting-next-year-soda-ash-producers-will-pay-a-reduced-royalty-rate/article_44479c80-5777-58b1-95a9-eb5fe5f573ed.html
https://www.rocketminer.com/business/soda-ash-producers-in-wyoming-to-pay-reduced-royalty-rate/article_14cbe4e5-81c6-5d3a-903c-007f7aaf2bea.html
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:21 am

Mom goes viral after son wears McDonald’s parody T-shirt
Dress codes aren't always easily enforced. Unless you focus on this shirt, you aren't likely to notice the issue which might be considered a dress code violation.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:01 am

Unexpected Things Which Kids Say
I don't think I could ever muster the patience to deal with children. Then again there are lots of options this guy had to sidetrack the kids without making things worse.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:11 am

Mr D: "The Buddy Bench"
Definitely TEACHER OF THE YEAR material! :laugh:
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cloud » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:43 am

Homeschoolers During the Pandemic
Now everyone knows what it's like! :laugh:
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 am

Meet the Teacher Who Risked Her Job to Stand Against the Radical Left
Some teachers are people with a moral backbone and sometimes they're asked to push agendas and ideologies which they consider immoral. It's not easy to push back when there is a threat of losing one's source of income.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:33 am

twister wrote:Trona Elementary Christmas Program
This was shared on Facebook. A word of warning: Keep your expectations low and then lower them a little more and you won't be overly disappointed. Skip the first two minutes as that's the worst part of the presentation. I'd expect this video to not be up for long and so watch it while you can although you might be better off not watching it at all. It's cringey all the way through, but the first two minutes are the worst.

A friend of mine came up with the idea that this could have been a playlist of several videos instead of a single video. There could have been one video per grade and that would have made it easier for people to just watch what they wanted to watch and not have to sift through all the cringe. I know people can skip ahead, but it would be cleaner to just have separate videos.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News