Missing School Board Meetings

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Missing School Board Meetings

Postby tronagirl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:26 pm

twister wrote:panamint_patty: On Fakebook there has been a lot said about one board member in particular who has harassed a number of people on the teaching staff. Some of this has been discussed elsewhere on Trona News, but he's a big part of what is wrong with the school. There's also an issue with nepotism which can't be denied. Friends and family get preferential treatment both in terms of getting a job in the first place and then once they have a job their mistakes tend to be overlooked while others are harassed over tiny issues.

Nepotism is a big problem at the school and there's a rumor that the wife of the head of the maintenance department is getting hired as a business secretary. Not only is her husband head of maintenance, but her husband's brother is on the school board. When will the people running things at the school realize that the school doesn't exist for their self-gratification? It's not all about them and their circle of close friends. They are supposed to serve the entire community and nepotistic practices are an impossible to ignore indication that the school in big trouble!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am

tronagirl: I was in on a another gripe session (online chat) a few days ago and there were a number of disparaging remarks made about this situation by current school staff. Many people working at the school have completely lost confidence in current leadership and this stunt is just more of the same incompetence. It's one thing if both a husband and a wife are teachers on a staff, but when you have a board member, head of a department, and a key financial person all on the staff at the same time, that's a situation that is almost guaranteed to turn into a major problem. It wasn't all that long ago that the credit union in Trona had a number of employees conspire to enrich themselves. Looks like the school is well down the road to a similar debacle!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:28 am

I've spent a lot of time in online chats since my last post and I've heard more details about this suspicious triangle. Many people suspect that the three will work together to syphon funds and supplies from the school. She's in charge of finances. Her husband is head of maintenance. The brother-in-law is running a construction business and he's a school board member. The school is about to begin a major construction project. What's to stop them from ordering extra stuff for the school construction project and the extra items being used by the brother-in-law? He can still charge customers the full amount for jobs, but his profits go way up. When the two brothers ran the construction company together there were lots of complaints. People complained about low-quality work, over-charging, price-gouging, late completion of projects, etc. There are lots of unhappy customers out there with long lists of complaints. Many people would say that the brothers are dishonest to begin with and now they are working in positions of trust at the school. The people I talked to online are convinced that they'll take advantage of the situation and rip-off the school and that the wife/sister-in-law will cover it all up. It's just a matter of time!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:01 am

panamint_patty: I wouldn't be surprised if some of the complaints made by unhappy former customers are exaggerated, but then again they might have merit. As for the three conspiring to put money into their pockets, I wouldn't put it past them. It was a huge mistake to allow three members of the same family to occupy upper level positions. Not only is this nepotistic, but it's likely to turn into a legal situation at some point. The family has a bad reputation to begin with and it just looks really, really, really bad in terms of ethics and community trust.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:58 am

panamint_patty wrote:When the two brothers ran the construction company together there were lots of complaints. People complained about low-quality work, over-charging, price-gouging, late completion of projects, etc. There are lots of unhappy customers out there with long lists of complaints. Many people would say that the brothers are dishonest to begin with and now they are working in positions of trust at the school. The people I talked to online are convinced that they'll take advantage of the situation and rip-off the school and that the wife/sister-in-law will cover it all up. It's just a matter of time!

I know of three people who would agree with this claim who were ripped off by these brothers and their father.
mrfish wrote:panamint_patty: I wouldn't be surprised if some of the complaints made by unhappy former customers are exaggerated, but then again they might have merit. As for the three conspiring to put money into their pockets, I wouldn't put it past them. It was a huge mistake to allow three members of the same family to occupy upper level positions. Not only is this nepotistic, but it's likely to turn into a legal situation at some point. The family has a bad reputation to begin with and it just looks really, really, really bad in terms of ethics and community trust.

More than a few people have reached this conclusion. Nepotism is a thing most people find disgusting and the arrangement described here is disgraceful!
Cactus Jack
Greenhorn

Postby wildrose » Tue May 10, 2022 6:58 am

I came across this one and only video from January 13, 2022:
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shotgunmary » Wed May 11, 2022 5:46 am

This is from last September in the Rodeo Clowns, etc. thread:
twister wrote:Here's a little update on the teacher who hugs too much. This afternoon on FB a bunch of people had a few things to say about her and names were named, but I'll leave that out. The parents of some kids who attend the elementary shared their thoughts and much of it is based on reports from students who have observed this strange behavior going on at the school. They said that the lady who hugs too much basically stalks certain kids and goes out of her way to hug, squeeze, and poke them. She has a small group of favorites, but she seems to be particularly obsessed with a little blond boy. The students who have seen all this going on also said that they are quite sure that the superintendent is a perv since he allows this stuff to go on. A few concerns about COVID were mentioned, but mostly people seemed surprised that a teacher was allowed to hug kids in such an intimate manner and that the superintendent not only allows it, but seems to get off on it!

Obviously this lady cares more about her own perverted gratification than the health, safety, and welfare of the children at the school! She should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail! There's no place for a person like this in any kind of situation involving children. The thought that she was given a leadership position at the school despite her complete lack of qualifications indicates to me that there is something totally dysfunctional going on at the school. The county needs to come in and kick the clowns and their comrades out!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby sandman » Wed May 11, 2022 8:51 am

What Really Happens to a Person When They are Tarred and Feathered
shotgunmary: Not a bad idea actually. I don't support actually doing something like that since it would be illegal, but it's impossible to deny that the person in question deserves such harsh treatment!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Local News