World Naked Gardening Day

Share info or tips or ask questions about Desert Gardening here. Suggest plants which do well in harsh desert conditions!

Re: World Naked Gardening Day

Postby shadylady » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Florida Man Continues Gardening Naked Despite Neighbors Pleas To Stop
Nothing wrong with gardening in the nude. It's how nature intended us to be!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ShotgunMary » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 am

shadylady: There might not be anything morally or ethically wrong with gardening in the nude, even in your front yard. BUT most people don't look good in the raw and so it is kind of gross. AND you won't catch me doing anything in the nude out in public or in public view. SO there should be no laws against it, but still I'd prefer that people refrain from that kind of thing.
ShotgunMary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrfish » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:53 am

ShotgunMary: No way would I go around in the raw, but from a principled libertarian point of view, there is no way that there should be any kind of law prohibiting nudity. Although I'm not a hardcore libertarian, I agree that laws should be as few as possible and a law against nudity is a total waste of ink and associated law enforcement resources as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I'd say that about a lot of laws which are on the books and so as far as I'm concerned there's nothing special about nudity.
mrfish
Backcountry Hiker

Postby KissMyTail » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 am

There are a lot of stupid laws in the USA and laws against public nudity are a perfect example. Crazy as it may seem there are a lot of laws we should have which we don't. Maybe it's just a matter of what's convenient for law enforcement. Sometimes it seems that the laws we have are the way they are just to make their jobs easier and not much else!
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby desertrat » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:12 am

KissMyTail: I've heard people make that point before and there has got to be some truth to it. I can think of lots of laws that would make sense to have, but which don't exist. And I can think of lots of laws we do have which should not exist. And the convenience of law enforcement might be part of the reason for things being the way they are.
desertrat
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Desert Gardening Tips