Plastic Bag Ban

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: Plastic Bag Ban

Postby surfsteve » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:29 am

When they said they were going to ban plastic bags I was looking forward to the paper bags they had when I was a kid. Those things were indestructible. I wouldn't mind paying ten cents for one of those. The paper bags they have now are crap and fall apart if you look at them wrong.

The plastic bag ban has been a total farce and has resulted in wasting more plastic than ever because just as many people use their own bags as before and each bag contains multiple times more plastic.

There is no doubt in my mind that implementing the new green deal would end up being one giant plastic bag ban farce on a massive scale. Weren't liberal ecologists responsible for us using plastic bags in the first place to save the forest? Stupid, stupid, stupid! Don't they realize that more trees were planted to grow those bags; not less? I miss those indestructible paper shopping bags with the hemp rope handles! I guess I'm just sentimental in that way...
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 am

surfsteve: Good point about plastic bags replacing paper bags. That was supposed to be a switch that was supposed to save the environment. Then they changed their stupid minds and now we have multiple use bags that use even more plastic. What will the geniuses thing of next?
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm

California Lawmakers Want To Ban Small Bottles Of Shampoo
Here we go again. :smack:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 am

If they put a ten cent recycling fee on all plastic bags and bottles it would be much better for the environment and the economy. Oh that's right. They don't want the economy to do well because it makes Trump look good. Stores don't want to be bothered taking back bottles and bags either. It's a pain in the ass to take back cans and the existing bottles already. If California cared at all about the environment they would have actually banned plastic bags and gone back to paper, which can also be recycled and degrades quickly when it's not all covered in glossy advertisement. Why are they focusing on the small stuff and ignoring leaking nuclear power plants, cellular radiation and cancer and disease deaths of humans and animals? Your beaches are littered with dead tide pools and marine life and you want to punish hotels by banning tiny bottles? How about proposing a ban on tiny brains instead?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:44 am

Single-use plastics ban coming soon to Palm Beach
Crazy laws are being enacted all over the place. Not just in California!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby torn80 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:08 pm

The loony left: plastic bag bans
Plastic bags are not the problem. The problem is stupid people who come up with non-solutions which make things worse!
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby JanuaryJones » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:48 am

torn80: Lots of solutions make problems worse and this entire plastic bag fiasco is a perfect example!
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to General Environment and Nature