Bundy-Related Posts

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: Bundy-Related Posts

Postby surfsteve » Mon May 19, 2014 8:25 am

I was merely using bundy as a verb in my post that got moved here. "Oops. Obama made another Bundy" or "Looks like we're going to get Bundied out of our health care insurance. I apologize for my confusing Marklar.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 am

I guess it is better to be Bundied than Wakoed. Strange that someone would akin organic gardening with ranching and lump them into the same thread claiming lack of interest. Perhaps most americans don't give a hoot about their health and would eat soylent green as long as it tastes good and the government says it's good for them and want to throw everyone else under the bus to be run over.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 am

surfsteve: I looked through the titles for the posts that were consolidated into this new thread and they all had either BLM or Bundy in their titles. Even the one about organic gardening had Bundy in the title and that by definition made it Bundy-related. So I just don't see what you're complaining about. Besides you gotta admit that the clip about Al Bundy was pretty funny and the picture of Ted Bundy was also funny, but in a creepy kind of way!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 am

Woman Crashes Into Cattle On Highway, Rancher Refuses Responsibility
Bundy just keeps getting himself in trouble. I guess when you expect everything for free and don't want to do anything to contribute to society, sometimes karma gives you everything you deserve! I predict that Bundy will lose this one to the tune of a million or more... maybe even a few million.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:23 am

whiskeypete: From what I've heard the state has already indicated that Bundy is completely in the wrong. Not only is an Interstate not considered open-range, but Bundy's cows were ten miles from where they were actually supposed to be. The state of Nevada has stated that it is not their responsibility to keep cows off of an Interstate, but that it is Bundy's responsibility to keep track of his own cows. Now if we were talking about a highway through open range, then the drivers might be in the wrong, depending on the specific circumstances, but here we are talking about I-15 and not some podunk country road.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Bundy rightly claims the state is responsible for maintaining the fence that the cows got out of. He later claimed that there was no proof that the cow that was hit was his. Though the law allows nearly anyone to sue anyone for anything I think normally he is right and it would be the highway departments fault. Perhaps someone is paying the attorney or he is doing it for free for the publicity but I don't see it being a profitable venture other than the publicity or winning kiss ass favors next time he needs to go against the state.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:13 am

surfsteve: Ranchers lease what are called allotments and it is their responsibiity to keep their cattle within their leased allotments. Nevermind the fact that Bundy has failed to pay the fee that other ranchers pay for the land he uses, the fact is that his cattle were ten miles from where they were allowed to be. As for whether or not the cows were his should be fairly easy to determine and I don't think a lawsuit would have been filed against Bundy if there were ANY doubt about whose cattle they were!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Cliven Bundy Calls Out Eric Holder in Campaign Video
A black guy running for political office calls Bundy a "Brave White Man" and receives Bundy's support! This is hilarious!
:wtf:
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:48 am

Looks like Bakari and Bundy are doing an audition for some kind of western movie. Maybe they can herd a few cattle across Interstate 15 and roast smores and sing kumbaya while sitting by a campfire with a bunch of guys dressed up in ghost costumes! LOL
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 am

For some reason that ad made me want to watch the movie Blazing Saddles.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature