Poison Canyon

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Re: Poison Canyon

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 am

James Sel wrote:IMO, If setting a memorial helps people coup with the loss of a loved one then let them. I'd rather limit any regulations on it so people can do what makes them happy. Removing then after 30 days or a couple of weeks is fine with me. Freedom is for all of us even annoying Christians.

Thirty days seems reasonable to me. That deadline would have expired a couple years ago for the memorial in Poison Canyon.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby KissMyTail » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:13 am

What I heard is that it's good luck to piss on the roadside memorial that's near Fish Rocks. The story I heard is that some guy did it and won fifty bucks in the lottery a few days later. To test his luck he pissed on the memorial again and wound up meeting that special someone he'd been looking for. At the very least it's a funny story, but who knows, it might be worth a try!
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby dilbert » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:24 am

That's pretty funny, but hopefully it doesn't become a fad. I'd imagine it might make some people angry although people who are sick of seeing the junk would cheer if the crap were removed.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby hand » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:23 am

Well if good luck can be had as a result of pissing on the roadside memorial, then I'm sure that extremely good luck would be guaranteed if someone were to douse the collection of toys with gasoline and light it on fire. Anything to get rid of that unsightly garbage cluttering up the area off to the side of the highway!
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrfish » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:43 am

Those last few ideas are pretty funny, but disrespectful. I'm not sure how I feel about roadside memorials in general, but I agree that the particular one being discussed is an eyesore. I'd just as soon see it removed. I can't condone treating it disrespectfully, but if that results in its removal, then maybe it's worth it.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:43 am

LOL I actually saw some dude pissing on the one closest to Fish Rocks! At first I wasn't sure, but then there was no denying! He's probably won the lottery by now!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:43 am

twister: We really ought not to be encouraging people to be disrespectful. Y'all had yer fun, now it's time to cease and desist! Okay, I admit I had a few laughs too.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Roadside Relief Stations

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:32 am

sandman: Roadside memorials are an eyesore and it's often the case that people need to stop to relieve themselves. So maybe we should just consider them to be roadside relief stations!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:43 am

I like the sound of that. Great idea!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Local History