Surveillance Nation

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Surveillance Nation

Postby desertrat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:02 am

Tech Trends Big Brother Must Love
Between the Cloud, cameras, microphones, and GPS tracking of everything we do and everywhere we go, Big Brother pretty much has the ability to know anything and everything about us.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am

Snowden Sidestep: Latest NSA leaks fall on deaf ears in Washington
Obama and the rest of the crooks in Washington DC want to put the focus on Snowden, when they should be doing something about the problem that he revealed. It's a big scam. No wonder people don't trust politicians!
:curse:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:09 am

NSA Director Tries To Smack Down Hackers and Privacy Advocates
State propaganda to convince us that we need them to invade our privacy. Total snowjob!!!
:curse:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:01 am

Edward Snowden - Deleted Scenes (out takes)

of NSA Security Video of NSA Security Video

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 am

I was wondering if that was an actual interview or if I'd been spoofed. I just watched an actual interview with Snowden and I'm pretty sure the video I just posted is fake. Snowden's voice is deeper and even shaved the guy's face looks fatter in the outtakes video.

Reminds me of the fake Bin Laden videos the Bush administration released but that's another story...
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 am

re: Edward Snowden - Deleted Scenes (out takes)
Most people are likely to immediately realize that this is fake, but it's not at all funny. This is a comedian named Steve Hofstetter serving as an obedient tool for big media attempting to belittle someone who threatens the power structure.
:down:
TOP COMMENT ON YOUTUBE:
The man is facing charges of treason, (penalty is Death), if he returns to US. He lost EVERYTHING to expose the TRUTH to American people. Some things you just don't make parodies of. No, I DO have a well developed sense of humor. That is why I don't think that this is funny.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:45 am

surfsteve wrote:I was wondering if that was an actual interview or if I'd been spoofed. I just watched an actual interview with Snowden and I'm pretty sure the video I just posted is fake. Snowden's voice is deeper and even shaved the guy's face looks fatter in the outtakes video.

Reminds me of the fake Bin Laden videos the Bush administration released but that's another story...

I knew it was fake within the first five seconds. It's that obvious. No, this is not at all like the Bin Laden videos. This fake Snowden video was meant as a parody and created by a comedian who is anything but funny. The Bin Laden videos, like you say, are quite a different story.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 am

Online companies tracking you online and off-line
If the government and online companies and credit card companies share info then they can keep pretty good tabs on what you're up to. The alternative is to get off the grid and under the radar, but that's not easy in these modern times. It's hard to get by without plastic money and online communications. The price of convenience is a total loss of privacy it seems to me! Not sure if it's worth it...
:wall:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:58 am

We Pay, They Spy: NSA backs Silicon Valley with taxpayers' money
We sort of knew that this was happening. Connections between Google and the NSA go way back to when Google first became a company. The government should work for the people not with companies against the people!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:13 am

Snowden wins whistleblower award, as leaks fuel German election race
The only way of forcing authoritarian regimes to reform their ways and transform into truly democratic governments is for the people to know what the government is doing. The USA only pretends to do the will of the people and it's no secret that corporations call the shots. People like Snowden and Manning who are pushing against the authoritarian tendencies and exposing corruption, make the powers that be a bit uncomfortable. The more recognition and support given to whistleblowers, the more chance we have of true and lasting reform.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets