Restore The Fourth

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Restore The Fourth

Postby a2z » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:26 pm

CIA Spy Ruling Could Be a Major Setback for the War on Terror
It's nice to see that an honest federal judge actually exists in this country. This case is almost certainly going to the Supreme Court, but I doubt that the ruling will be upheld because our judicial system is corrupt and has shown a tendency to undermine the Constitution in recent years. Thanks to Snowden we are seeing the CIA and NSA being challenged over their abuse of power, but unfortunately the power structure in the USA will see to it that in the long run Snowden's contributions will have as little positive effect as possible. Yeah, I'm cynical and skeptical when it comes to our government, but if there were more people like Snowden we might be able to overcome the corruption which has taken over this country.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 am

The contributions of Snowden are impossible to exaggerate. He may have made the greatest contribution to the cause of freedom in the last several decades. While people who don't deserve Nobel Peace Prizes seem to get them left and right, people like Snowden who actually make real contributions get passed over all the time. It's kind of funny how that works!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:37 pm

NSA Spy Program Could Face Supreme Court Scrutiny
This is a surprisingly good discussion regarding NSA activities and the contributions of Snowden. Although they stop short of giving Snowden much credit, they do imply that he sort of kick started this whole movement to scrutinize the activities of intelligence-gathering agencies.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm an Internet Company, I'm the Government
They have so much in common! They both only want what's best...
:curse:
What's that ole saying about the road to hell being paved with good intentions?
:smack:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pcslim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:32 am

Great posts both a2z and mrgreen! This love affair between the government and corporations has got to stop. I'm all for creating jobs, but when citizens are being screwed by both the the government and corporations simultaneously, then we're in big trouble! Snowden may be one of the most important freedom fighters in the history of this nation! No wonder the establishment puts so much effort into bad-mouthing him!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrfish » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:56 am

'Orwell's 1984 a fairytale compared to reality': Snowden delivers Xmas message
Daniel Ellsberg released the Pentagon Papers in 1971 and what was revealed in those documents had a huge impact on society. Edward Snowden did something even more important when he released information about NSA activities. Both men did a huge service to this country and to the world. Snowden has my complete support and respect.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:58 am

Snowden delivers Christmas message
Here we see a couple half-witted twits doing their best to trivialize the contributions of Snowden. No surprise that their paychecks come from a huge corporation interested in maintaining and even increasing the prevalence of governmental and corporate spying on private citizens. Such obvious attempts to misled, spread misinformation, and to propagandize deserve to be viciously ridiculed!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:37 am

Edward Snowden vindicated, NSA on the ropes
mrfish: It's pretty pathetic when it becomes necessary to turn to RT America for reporting that is both more informative and objective than that of domestic news agencies. CNN is nothing but a propaganda channel. You'd expect RT to spread propaganda, but there is no need to. Our government is so corrupt that just reporting the basic facts is all it takes!
:smack:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:47 am

'US, UK media are slaves of security apparatus' - Greenwald
It's important to know how to use encryption to keep your email and other online activities safe from government spies. You can't count on the government to do the right thing and so it takes a little extra effort to protect yourself from Big Brother and the surveillance machine.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby a2z » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:57 pm

'This Week' Game Changer: Edward Snowden
Snowden is the most important whistleblower in history. What he has done has historic significance and almost certainly will change the course of history. He may have saved us all from a 1984/Brave New World type of scenario. I have to admit that my respect for Mr. Obama has been destroyed by the inept way that he has handled this whole situation. Instead of being a leader, Mr. Obama has cowered and given into the establishment at every opportunity. Shame on him for being such a moral coward! The same goes for 98% of our elected leaders who have failed to praise Snowden's actions!
:curse:
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets