Raspberry Pi

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Raspberry Pi

Postby blackturtle.us » Mon May 11, 2015 9:13 am

How to get your Raspberry PI Into the Vilros Raspberry Pi case for Model B+ :pac:
This worked for me! So far, so good!
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Raspberry Pi

Postby blackturtle.us » Mon May 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Got the Raspberry Pi up and running. This message posted via Raspberry Pi. I'm using a horrible monitor and so I'll have to scrounge up a better one somewhere! :pac:
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Mon May 11, 2015 7:36 pm

$9 COMPETITOR TO THE RASPBERRY PI :thumb:
Looks like the next revolution in computing will be extremely inexpensive and modifiable home computers.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Tue May 12, 2015 6:19 am

There are a number of these microcomputers and I imagine the computer nerds, geeks, and hackers out there have a lot of fun playing around with them. It is amazing that these little gizmos are far more powerful than what we used back in the day when computers were big, expensive, only availabe in well-funded research labs, and required cards and tape for input. BTW, I'm not feeling even the slightest bit nostalgic for those days!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Wed May 13, 2015 6:23 am

These microcomputers are not only great for computer nerds and hackers to mess around with, but they would also be extremely useful in an educational setting. The projects that could be done with these devices go far beyond the ordinary, boring thing that kids have to put up with in most classrooms. Robotics, breadboard projects, applied programming, etc.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby desertrat » Sun May 17, 2015 8:21 am

Install and Configure Windows 10 Insider Preview on Raspberry Pi 2
Quick lowdown on Windows 10 on the Raspberry Pi. :smart:
Microsoft recently released a version of the Windows 10 Insider Preview for the Raspberry Pi 2 mini-computer, a new Internet of Things (IoT) platform. Here’s a quick peek at this release, called Windows 10 IoT Core, and what it’s like to get it up and running.

LINK: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3492/install-and-configure-windows-10-insider-preview-on-raspberry-pi-2
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 am

RasPiO Duino Cam Walkround and Demo :pac:
This is an interesting project although personally I'd just go out and purchase a standard security setup before I'd go to this length...
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:04 pm

C.H.I.P. vs Pi Zero: Which Sub-$10 Computer Is Better?
Although the basic units differ in cost with the $5 Raspberry Pi Zero being cheaper than the $9 C.H.I.P., you have to purchase more stuff to get the Pi to actually do anything for you. After you get all the stuff you need (not counting keyboard, mouse, and monitor) the cost is reversed with the Pi costing about $24 and the C.H.I.P. adding up to $10. So which one should you get?
The cost of owning either a C.H.I.P. or a Pi is a bit more money than the retail cost of the boards. Peripherals such as a power cable, keyboard, mouse, and monitor are necessary to accomplish any computer task on either of the devices. But it turns out the $5 Raspberry Pi Zero costs significantly more to operate than the Next Thing Co. C.H.I.P..

LINK: http://makezine.com/2015/11/28/chip-vs-pi-zero/
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pcslim » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:44 am

Chromium OS For All SBC
SBCs include Raspberry Pi, Pi Zero, C.H.I.P., Pine64, and possibly others.
This Is a Young and Still Developing Project of Porting The Chromium OS To The Raspberry Pi 2 And Other Single Board Computers, it is run by a small team, Dylan Callahan, Hans-Gerhard Weinreich and Stephen Bonnell. So Far we Have had four successful releases of our ChromiunRPI port which is a ChromiumOS built for the raspberry pi 2. We plan on expanding our devices and our releases to other Single Board Computers.

LINK: http://www.chromiumosforsbc.org/
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrgreen » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:11 am

Top 10 Raspberry Pi add-on boards
Here's a top ten list worth paying attention to!
You can, of course, use the Pi on its own, using programming environments like Scratch and Python to program it. You can connect individual components to the Pi's general-purpose input/output (GPIO) pins and program them directly. However, there is a wealth of amazing and innovative add-on boards and accessories that allow you to do more with your Pi without having to wire them into place, and in neat form factors that sit directly on top of the Pi. The HAT specification gives specific dimensions to fit neatly on the Pi, aligning mounting holes, and holes for accessories suchs as cameras and display cables. Not all add-ons are HATs; add-ons come in multiple shapes and sizes.

LINK: https://opensource.com/life/16/7/top-10-Raspberry-Pi-boards
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to Technology and Gadgets