Blood Pressure

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Blood Pressure

Postby happy_hiker » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:52 am

Several sources say that taking zinc supplements can actually deplete magnesium reserves. If this is true could it be the case that zinc supplementation could over time lead to elevated blood pressure or is that going a little too far?
happy_hiker
Greenhorn

Postby surfsteve » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Why not just take more magnesium when that happens? Isn't it the other way around though? I also read that zinc and copper need to have the proper ratio.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 pm

How to Treat High Blood Pressure with Diet
Flax seeds and plant-based diet seem to do the trick.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Is "Big Farma" to Blame for Magnesium's Absence?
If this is true, then supplementation is necessary. Normally a well-balanced diet would work, but if food crops are low in certain nutrients, then that strategy won't work. Of course, the company that made the video might be exaggerating the problem in order to convince people to purchase their products.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby JanuaryJones » Sat May 11, 2019 6:44 am

11 Signs Your Body Needs More Magnesium
All sorts of things can go wrong without enough of this minueral!
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:00 am

How To Reduce High Blood Pressure Naturally
Basically, it comes down to seven basic life-style choices.
Exercise.
Diet.
Reduce salt.
Lose weight.
Stop smoking.
Limit alcohol.
Relieve stress.

BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 am

How to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally (7 Principles + 3 Myths)
Keep sugar intake low. Get plenty of magnesium and potassium. Also some of the recommendations from previous video debunked as myths.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 am

POTASSIUM: The MOST Important Electrolyte - MUST WATCH!
Potassium also has a huge effect on blood pressure.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:32 am

Potassium & Blood Pressure: MUST WATCH!
Drinking too much water can deplete potassium! Vegetables are a great source of potassium. So, eat your veggies!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 am

I eat tons of salt and have low blood pressure even for a teenager and I'm in my 60's.

I agree with lowering insulin level. I don't eat any sugar or grains, practice raw keto and don't eat between meals. Practice intermittent fasting somewhat. Also on a super low inflammation diet. Used to supplement with a lot of magnesium but am off supplements now. I add 1/3rd potassium chloride to my salt and only use Celtic sea salt. Avoid processed foods like the plague and prepare everything from scratch. Hmm. Can't remember if I added magnesium and manganese last time I mixed up a batch of salt... Usually do. Guy in 1st video is wrong about caffeine. Caffeine is a neurotoxin.

You can buy potassium chloride and Celtic sea salt in 5 pound bags really cheap and magnesium glycinate by the kilogram. French gray salt is the same thing as Celtic sea salt and is cheaper. Make sure to get fine grain or it wont go through your salt shaker. Mine has really big holes so I don't have to shake for 5 minutes.

According to the last video it might be better if I reversed my salt ratio and used 1/3 Celtic sea salt to 2/3 potassium chloride. He says 1 to 4 ratio but there's lots of other minerals besides sodium in Celtic sea salt. Videos don't talk about how to avoid insulin resistance. True cause of chronic high blood pressure is plaque build up in arteries. Plaque is the body's attempt to repair them. Nattokinase is good for dissolving plaque but there isn't nearly enough in supplements. Not sure but I think most other enzymes also help, just not as good. That's about all I can think of... Oh yeah. Pain also raises blood pressure so often if you fix what's ailing you your blood pressure will go down as a side effect.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets