Cypherpunks

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Is Julian Assane Alive?

Postby surfsteve » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Bombshell: UN Orders Immediate Release Of Julian Assange
Posted on December 1, 2016 by Sean Adl-Tabatabai in News, UK
http://yournewswire.com/un-orders-relea ... n-assange/

Assuming he is produced and released This should put to rest any rumors that he is dead; or compromised, and no longer being held at the embassy.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Cypherpunks

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:54 am

Obama commutes the sentence of Chelsea Elizabeth Manning, formerly. known to the world as Bradley Edward Manning. She/he was convicted of a number of crimes in connection to leaking official documents to WikiLeaks and was sentenced to 35 years in prison. I think the leaks were a good thing. I think the sex change was just idiotic, although if it messed with people's minds, then it may not have been all bad, just weird.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 pm

CrustyOldFart wrote:Obama commutes the sentence of Chelsea Elizabeth Manning, formerly. known to the world as Bradley Edward Manning. She/he was convicted of a number of crimes in connection to leaking official documents to WikiLeaks and was sentenced to 35 years in prison. I think the leaks were a good thing. I think the sex change was just idiotic, although if it messed with people's minds, then it may not have been all bad, just weird.

What are your thoughts on the commute of the prison time? It does not seem to be much of a deterrent for future espionage? Not all espionage can all be good if any.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Almost Every Word Of John McCain's Response To Chelsea Manning's Sentence Commutation Is Flat Out Wrong
Manning revealed a lot of corruption in the military. Deciding to not take part in the cover up was a courageous thing to do.
Manning leaked diplomatic cables and related information exposing vast wrongdoing by the US, to Wikileaks, who partnered with a number of respected press outlets to reveal the wrongdoing. That's not espionage. That's classic whistleblowing. And, yes, in case you've forgotten, Manning's leaks revealed a hell of a lot of wrongdoing by the US government.

I think the question to ask is why didn't more people responsible for covering up corruption in the military wind up being prosecuted? Why did the whistleblower wind up in prison? I've never been able to figure out why Obama received a Nobel Peace Prize, but if Manning were to receive the prize, then that would make a lot of sense!
This has been pointed out over and over again: the oath that people take is to defend the Constitution. And a big part of that is calling out unconstitutional behavior by "this nation." Which is exactly what Manning did.

LINK:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170117/23335836506/almost-every-word-john-mccains-response-to-chelsea-mannings-sentence-commutation-is-flat-out-wrong.shtml
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 am

Sparky of SoCal: According to the article that CactusPete posted espionage ain't got nothing to do with it. Of course that's just the opinion of the author of the article, but I tend to agree with it. We don't want people just willy-nilly sharing military secrets with the world, but when someone sees a wrong being done, they darn well ought to speak up. That's all Manning did and that's what any American that cares about truth and justice should of done!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm

CrustyOldFart wrote:Sparky of SoCal: According to the article that CactusPete posted espionage ain't got nothing to do with it. Of course that's just the opinion of the author of the article, but I tend to agree with it. We don't want people just willy-nilly sharing military secrets with the world, but when someone sees a wrong being done, they darn well ought to speak up. That's all Manning did and that's what any American that cares about truth and justice should of done!

Absolutely. When we see corruption or injustice we have an obligation to speak up and do something about it. It takes true courage to do what Manning did and he deserves praise for doing the right thing. Instead our corrupt government wishes to punish him, thus ensuring their power to continue to be corrupt as they want to be.
:conf3:
As for the sex reassignment stuff. That's weird and disturbing as far as I'm concerned. HOWEVER, that's a separate issue.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:38 pm

FBI launches criminal probe into WikiLeaks over CIA dump
More leaks!!! :talk:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Julian Assange in the news again!

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 pm

First they are saying that they are agreeing to set him free, then the Still Report video which came out about an hour ago is saying he has already escaped. What's going on? Are they agreeing to set him free because they know he's already escaped or is this all just a coincidence? I had read earlier last week that it was reported that he was in bad health but was never able to confirm the rumor. The Still Report believes that the US military helped him escape. Is he going to play a part in all the illegalities that have been going on with the Clintons, the FBI and the Democratic Party?

Assange ‘hypothetically’ free if arrest warrant appeal granted,

Julian Assange Escaped!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:45 pm

Tucker: People are mad at Assange instead of Obama
Assange is a hero. He revealed lots of crime. Which is why the criminals want to put him in prison.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Julian Assange

Postby desertrat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:19 am

It would be nice to see Trump grow some balls and cancel the extradiction request. He might even make a speech explaining that the criminals Assange exposed are the ones who want charges against him pursued. A little spine would be nice regarding this issue!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets