Second Amendment Rights

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Second Amendment Rights

Postby wildrose » Mon May 13, 2013 7:03 am

Plastic Guns - How Soon Until Criminals Use Them?
Cenk seems to think that plastic guns will be a big problem. I look at them as a novelty item more than anything. A real gun will be superior to a plastic gun for a long time. This 3D printing is a neat technology and plastic guns are only one of the things that can be made with it. As for threatening gun maker profits. I don't think so. That's pretty unrealistic. I'm just not seeing a big problem here. Will people abuse the technology? Of course! But it's just not going to be a problem of monumental proportions as Cenk asserts in this opinion clip.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 am

I wonder how much the ink is going to cost. Seems like it would be cheaper and easier to just make the same plastic gun the normal way. I remember nearly 50 years ago my parents bought me a toy plastic injection kit, for Christmas, that made all kinds of stuff including plastic guns that fired plastic bullets. Also it makes me wonder. How can they fire a plastic gun without melting the barrel? Maybe it's only good for a couple of shots. I always thought that it would be a clever idea to make bullets out of ice that would melt away after they've been fired, destroying any evidence. Though I suppose it would be even better if the entire gun were made of ice so it would melt away as well. It may not come in very handy for most people but it would be the perfect weapon for the Mr. Freeze character in the bat man movies.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:00 am

The Shocking Reason Gun Control Doesn't Matter :poop:
This guy fudges a lot of facts to keep his comedy rant from falling apart, but there are a few good points in there along with the BS.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 am

Gun Control Debate and Fear of Accurate Information
This is typical of liberal media. They frame the debate in such a way as to make their arguments SEEM reasonable. You can't stop crazy people from doing crazy things. No matter what statistics you pick and choose from, it all comes down to this:
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm

President Obama challenges media to compare gun and terror deaths
Obama wasted no time in using the Oregon shooting to promote his anti-gun agenda.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby recluse » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 pm

President Obama challenges media to compare gun and terror deaths
Sounds to me like this Zack was a little too quick. Most likely Obama already had the guy picked out and ready to go. Just licking at the chops for the next mass shooting to happen.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:58 am

Zack was researching the obvious. These numbers gave been floating around for a while.

The real issue is that some asshole killed a mass of people and is making it harder for us gun owns to defend keeping our rights. These mass shootings are part of our culture and need to be dealt with. Its not the guns that are a problem its our culture.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:43 pm

You need a weapon like a hole in the head!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 am

Sheriff responds to controversy over Facebook post
This guy reposted a viral video which "delves into conspiracy theories involving the Sandy Hook shooting. It goes as far as to question whether some of the grieving parents were crisis actors." Besides reposting the video he made the following comment: This makes me wonder who we can trust anymore... Watch, listen, and keep an open mind. The guy's comments can be interpreted in a number of ways and we have no idea if he was being sarcastic or critical of the video or what. For all we know he was just trying to make others aware of conspiracy theories in general. I'm just not seeing why reposting a video and making a quick comment about it is anything worthy of media scrutiny and I'll even go so far as to suggest that it is inappropriate to imply anything based on such a posting and that the journalist crossed the line in this report.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:24 am

New Tough California Gun Laws To Take Effect In 2016
There are problems with a law which allows confiscation of guns based on a recommendation from relatives. There is a high probability that such a law will be abused as a way to gain retribution during some sort of family squabble. The law is a really bad idea.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment