Second Amendment Rights

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Second Amendment Rights

Postby mrfish » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:43 am

surfsteve wrote:Yikes! A guy that can manifest tears while reading a speech is truly scarey. It would be different if he cried every time he killed a buss load of brown kids with one of his drones but he never talks about stuff like that! Will he shed a tear when he signs a bill and comes for all our nations guns? Or is this somehow all our own fault in his warped pathetic mind.

Hey Mr. President. If you really want to stop school violence focus on taking away our nations antidepressants not our guns!

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with SurfSteve on this one! :upset:
The over-medication of children (and adults) is more relevant to our problems than the availability of guns! Although I still prefer Obama to Romney and acknowledge that he has to express condolences in this situation, I wish that he'd acknowledge the hypocrisy of mourning the deaths of a few kids, while without any apparent concerning causing the deaths of hundreds of kids. If we really do value human life, then our deeds should reflect that value! We can fix this problem without sacrificing a single freedom. However, we might need to reform our system a little and those in power don't want that!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 pm

OK I think I get it now. Obama was actually crying tears of joy for gun control laws.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sacre.html
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:44 am

I found this video this morning and I think it hits the nail on the head when it comes to the cause of mass murders and shootings.

Here is another video titled
Watch what happens when Guns are banned in Australia

a decent article:
The average police response time, in America, is six minutes and the average draw-and-shoot response time for a concealed carry weapons holder is five seconds.As flawed as the anti-gun advocates logic is, the fact remains that the more guns that a community possess, the lower the violent crime rate. This point is clearly illustrated when a reasonable person compares Germany to Switzerland and discovers that gun ownership is three times as high in Switzerland, yet the Swiss have a much lower murder rate. This is also true in rural areas in the United States, which have historically higher rates of gun ownership, yet have far lower murder rates.

Source: http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2012/ ... go-to-die/

And finally. This video titled: "Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging" focuses on the drugs, not school shootings and is an hour and a half long. I haven't watched it all yet and I almost didn't post it because it digresses from the topic so much; but it's so informative that it needed to be posted somewhere.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 am

Gun sales surge after school shooting
Grab 'em up while you still can! High capacity magazines will be extremely valuable when they impose gun bans and so stocking up is a great investment!
:thumb:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:33 pm

I didn't catch it the first time but fast forward the video to 1:11 and you will see the president begin his fake tears by giving America the middle finger!

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Sorry. I should have looked that one up instead of relying on what my history teachers taught me. Apparently the figure has been revised since the 1960's and 70's when I was in school. I was taught that it was around 50 million and that more than half of them died in Russia and most of them from the cold so I figured my guess was safe from the 58 million or whatever was mentioned in the article.

No matter how you slice it Obama seems to have a problem controlling his middle finger while on national TV. I am convinced in my heart that it was no accident when he was talking about the Sandy Hook shootings. I've seen Bush do it deliberately but I have never seen a president "accidentally" touch is face even once with his middle finger the way Obama frequently does when talking about someone or something he dislikes. If the shootings had been the first time it would be easy to dismiss. But Obama is a serial finger flipper and I think it should be taken seriously. I'm surprised none of the alternative media are jumping on it. (Pun intended.)
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm

desertrat wrote:Are Most Mass Murderers Privileged White Men?
Looks like the Young Turks are playing the Blame Whitey card! Incredibly superficial discussion of an important issue! You can play with demographics and statistics in any way you want to support just about any assertion you might want to push, but it's all a bunch of BS. If most of these mass shootings are done by white GUYS, then this discussion takes a wrong turn from the beginning. The relevant comparison is with other males, in which case WHITE MALES make up 60% of ALL MALES. In that case, if 70% of the shootings are done by WHITE MALES, then this seems to be less of an anomaly. But even that's misuse of statistics to push a simple-minded theory. If we look at overall murder statistics, it turns out that WHITE MALES are responsible for fewer murders than their proportion of the population. That's when the conversation gets interesting, because that's when the deeper questions get asked. But that's all over the heads of the commentators in this video!

Maybe it's an income related thing. Arsenals and body armor aren't cheap. If you count war as mass murder I bet the percentage is a lot higher than even in the video.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:22 am

8 Year Marine Vet Tells Feinsten
To Shove Her Gun Bill

Corporal Boston served in Afghanistan in 2004-5. His letter reflects the views of real Americans across the country...

"I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same, a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one."
link
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 am

Will the new Congress act on guns?
That Feinstein lady is an evil witch! I hope the NRA doesn't give an inch on this one!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pcslim » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Gun Store Owner Bans Obama Supporters
Often the people who leave comments are much more insightful than the commentators when it comes to Young Turks videos:
0xyzabcx0 wrote:It's a marketing ploy. He doesn't care about libs buying guns, he's trying to get the "FUK YEAH!" crowd in there and exploit the "Chick-fil-a effect."

pcslim
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment