Polygamy

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Polygamy

Postby shadylady » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Judge partly overturns Utah polygamy law
I see absolutely nothing wrong with plural marriages. Like the guy says if the QUALITY of what counts as a marriage can be legally altered, then the QUANTITY of what counts as a marriage can also be altered. There is absolutely no reason why same-sex marriages should be illegal and by the same token there is no rational reason for outlawing plural marriages. Moreover, the government should stay the heck out of the personal lives of citizens to the greatest extent possible and what people do in their sex lives is exactly the kind of thing that the government has no business in regulating in any way!
:curse:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Polygamy

Postby a2z » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:36 pm

That first lady who spoke in that news clip is full of bullshit. Just because she had a bad experience in her specific relationship doesn't mean by a long shot that other people experience similar problems. It's people like her that want to make stupid and unnecessary laws based on her extremely limited experience that deprive others of basic human freedoms. The government has no business telling citizens what to do in private matters like this. If I want to have babies with three different women and they're all cool with that, then that's my business and people like that lady or the government should stay the fuck out of it! For that matter, if three men and one woman want to hook up, then more power to them. Obviously there are issues such as jealousy that might make multiple marriages difficult, but then most people will just not enter into such relationships. The important thing is that it is our choice and our liberty at issue and no laws or regulations should interfere with our freedoms!
:curse:
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

The government likes to involve itself in the sexual affairs of citizens because it provides opportunities to arrest people who haven't actually done anything wrong. Also the nature of the issue is rather personal and potentially embarrassing and so it's a great opportunity to silence dissidents. Problems involving sex are usually greatly exaggerated. In fact, it's normal for people like the lady at the beginning of the video to be given a platform to share her extremely biased opinion on the issue, while others who have had positive experiences are kept from sharing their opinions. Like desertrat said in another thread today, Funny how that works!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Judge Napolitano Explains Why Utah Polygamy Ruling Is a Good Thing
Polygamy is alright with me. I don't think I could put up with more than one woman at a time, but for those who want to get involved in that sort of thing, then fine. The same goes for women who want to be involved with more than one man. It just ain't the business of the government who I live with or who I fuck!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:56 am

I think that anyone who involves themselves in a plural marriage is stupid, but, guess what, freedom is all about the right to be stupid! Polygamy is gross and it might not be the best thing in the world for kids, but it can't be anywhere near as harmful as violent movies and violent games and half of all the other stuff we allow in this society. I agree that I want the law to stay out of my personal affairs!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:23 am

The less power the government has the better as far as I'm concerned. Keep them out of my personal life and have them concentrate on the essentials. Probably the government should simply back out of the marriage business entirely and simply allow people to enter into partnerships and leave marriage to religious institutions to worry about. The way I see it partnerships would be an economic or business agreement and there would be no limit on the number of partners and gender issues would be entirely irrevelent.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:05 am

'Sister Wives' Take on Pro-Polygamy Crusade
The law should stay out of people's private lives. If a bunch of adults want to live together and have sex with each other, then that's their business and no one else's business. The law should only do what is necessary to keep society orderly, safe, and organized. Anything more than that is not acceptable. The lady who says "They've got to be kidding" really is about the most stupid person I've ever heard from. She makes a huge mental mistake in that she can't separate polygamy from harmful things that can be dealt with as separate issues. You don't outlaw one thing just so you can control something else. That's just plain fundamentally obvious and anyone who can't grasp that isn't fit to breath air!!!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dustdevil » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 am

shadylady: I really can't argue with a thing you say. We don't need laws regarding polygamy and so we should get rid of those laws. Marriage should not be regulated by the government. It's a religious thing, not a legal issue as far as I'm concerned.
dustdevil
Greenhorn

Postby mrgreen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Polygamy made our DNA better - Science
Interesting report free of cultural baggage! Just give me the facts, I don't give a flying fuck how anyone feels about the issues! Thank you very much!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 am

mrgreen: News free of moral judgment is a great thing. I'm quite capable of decidng for myself how I feel about something! I don't need some editoral staff deciding how I should feel about some issue. Science news is especially enjoyable as long as its delivered in an agenda free manner.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Recreation and Entertainment