Duck Dynasty and Free Speech

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Postby sandman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:40 am

A&E needs to grow some balls and stop giving in to the whiners. :down:
I'm glad to hear that the Under Armour company is still standing strong! :thumb:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Duck Dynasty and Free Speech

Postby shadylady » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:30 am

Duck Dynasty Family Ducks Behind The Bible | Quacking Under Pressure
The Young Turks are really enjoying this story. They love dragging conservatives through the mud and making a big deal of things like this. TYT has even asked if Phil Robertson is homophobic or hateful. The guy just expressed his personal beliefs, he didn't indicate that he hates or fears gays. It's just like if a vegetarian insisted that everyone who eats meat are murderers. It's just an opinion. People have got to learn to respect opinions that they don't agree with instead of acting in such an immature manner and getting all offended.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:52 am

What the duck? Dynasty now in question
The guys on Duck Dynasty are popular because they are opinionated rednecks. A&E seems to want to have their cake and eat it too. They want everything that is endearing about rednecks, but don't want any of the baggage that comes with that. What they want is some kind of sanitized version of redneckedness. (Not sure if redneckedness is a word, but you get the idea.) A&E can't handle authentic rednecks and that's really a weakness on A&E's part. They shouldn't bow down to all the libtards who are crying over a few "insensitive" words.
:smack:
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby whiskeypete » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:55 pm

What I hate is all this political correctness. What happened to tolerance? So what if some guy said something that you don't agree with! There's no need to get all bent out of shape about it. It's not like the existence of some guy who disagrees with you is the worst thing that could happen. And let's not forget about free speech and freedom of religion. Why can't a guy express his heart-felt beliefs? Isn't that a good thing? I think people are just too sensitive over little things nowadays. Boo-hoo get over it!!!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Cracker Barrel makes about face on Duck Dynasty merch
It's good to see a company come to its senses. The initial knee jerk reaction was to do the politically correct thing and appease all the whiners out there, but the right thing to do is to stand up for the right of people to express their heartfelt views. It's admirable that Phil Robertson stood up for what he believes in and didn't bow down to the politically correct tyrants who think they have the right to tell everyone else what they can and can't believe and say. The thought police may have won round one by getting A&E to suspend Phil Robertson, but it looks like the people may win out in the end.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Hey NAACP, Nobody Asked For your Generate Racist lies against Phil Robertson; Go AWAY!!
This guy is pretty pissed off at the NAACP and he talks about what Phil Roberson really said as opposed to what all the media news people say he said. This guy cuts through all the BS and lays it out on the line for real. I'm pretty sure he wants to go duck hunting with the guys on Duck Dynasty and I'm sure they'd be perfectly happy to have him on a trip!
:soap:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:45 am

Cracker Barrel Heeds Call To Bring Back Duck Dynasty Products
Interesting comment made by someone who watched the video at the TYT channel:
I don't understand A&E they fire the fucking guy, and then they run 10 fucking hours of Duck Fucking Dynasty, every night.

From what I understand, not only did A&E run a Duck Dynasty marathon a few days following the dismissal of Robertson, but they also plan on airing several months worth of episodes in which he appears. Some people have even suggested that this whole thing is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
:roll2:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Duck Dynasty Controversy: Is Anyone Really Surprised? :dizzy:
I pretty much agree with everything this guy says except I don't buy the part about A&E having the right to can this guy over what he said. I realize that LEGALLY they have that right, but it's clear to me that they shouldn't have that right since to fire him over expressing an opinion interferes both with his freedom of speech and his freedom of religion. An employer should never have anything to say about what you do (or say) during your free time unless you actually are convicted of breaking a serious law.
BTW, he says :wtf: a lot in this video!!!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:36 am

A&E to End Phil Robertson's 'Duck Dynasty' Suspension :stirpot:
The theory that this was just a publicity stunt seems pretty plausible right about now. I think the drama and the theatrics was just a put on to attract attention. It was all planned in advance. After all, it's pretty easy to predict that advocacy groups would jump in and make a big stink over the slightest little statement that could be taken the wrong way and the backlash against those groups was also pretty predictable. So it looks like the whole thing worked as planned!
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Check out 'Duck Dynasty's new guns
New merchandise ready to go. Hmmm. That is kind of a rather amazing coincidence. Publicity stunt affirmed. All sorts of people got all emotionally bent out of shape on both sides of the debate over this DD thing and they are all fools who were manipulated by the network machine to generate publicity.
:smack:
Most of them are too stupid to actually feel stupid. They will never figure out that they were conned into believing this phony situation was for real when all it was was a contrived publicity stunt!!!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Next

Return to Recreation and Entertainment