Family Issues

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Family Issues

Postby shadylady » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:42 am

Thanksgiving Food Fight
Most of us have heard stories about family fights starting during holiday gatherings. It's sad, but things happen! (James: I double-checked this time and I think I got it right!)
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:43 pm

How to Deal with Family on Thanksgiving
Best reason not to get in a fight: Because arguing with stupid people is pointless!
:laugh:
No fights in my family this year, but there was a small fight last year. Lesson learned: Don't bring up politics at family gatherings!
Last edited by twister on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CoolChick » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 am

T-Day Fight: Loud arguments from one of the houses in my neighborhood. I'm not sure what it was all about, but two carloads of people left abruptly after a half hour of yelling. It's possible that it was just cheering or complaining about a sports event (maybe a football game) and that they just left after the completion of the event to go to another gathering, but they sounded pretty angry to me. So, I can't say for certain that it was a T-Day fight, but I'd say there was a good chance that it was.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:54 am

PASS THE SALT!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:18 am

Family Fights: I think family fights occur on Thanksgiving more than on any other holiday for two reasons: 1) Families gather in larger numbers than usual on this day with uncles, aunts, inlaws, etc. all sharing the meal, and 2) There is no clear activity other than eating to take part in. On Xmas there is a focus on exchanging presents, but on TDay there isn't a clear focus like that. So people talk about whatever comes to mind and it's fairly common for someone to get offended and for arguments to develop. If there's drinking involved, then it's that much worse. As for me, I've witnessed or been involved in at least three such TDay gatherings that went negative. That's life!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:24 am

Okay, so we made it through Thanksgiving, but now we have an even bigger challenge up ahead: CHRISTMAS! I'm not sure which day is worse, but overall Christmas is worse since the agony is so prolonged. I hate to be a Scrooge, but I'm convinced that Christmas is more trouble than it's worth!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:52 am

Family Kidnaps Their Own Child To Prove A Point
Apparently this family missed the memo informing the public that children are more likely to be abused by family members than by strangers. "Stranger Danger" was oversold during the 1980s and 1990s and in the meantime crime stats have made it abundantly clear that children are far more likely to be victimized by family members than by strangers or even neighbors that they know. The ultimate irony here is that this kid is now entering the foster care system and although it was the family's intention to protect him from strangers, the reality is that the kid will now be taken care of by strangers.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:38 am

These Polyamorous Parents Put Controversial Spin on Child-Rearing
Seems legit to me. I don't really have an issue with this type of arrangement. The biggest issue as far as I'm concerned is health insurance. Making sure everyone in the group has adequate health care is the main thing.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm

12-Year-Old Boy Sued by His Relative :wtf:
I don't think I've ever heard of a case like this. An aunt suing her nephew who was only eight at the time of the incident?
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby twister » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Should Tweens Be Able to Dye Their Hair?
Ultimately it's just hair and so it doesn't really make much difference.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment