The Most SHOCKING Psychiatry Documentary EVER

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

The Most SHOCKING Psychiatry Documentary EVER

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: The Most SHOCKING Psychiatry Documentary EVER

Postby James Sel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:49 am

That flick was surely made to influence the week minded fools. I got through the first 5ive minutes but that was it. Yes it is true that the psychology community claim large numbers of people have issues at many different levels. However they also claim that most people with these issues don't require drug treatment. Many (perhaps most) professionals don't have the credentials to prescribe drugs: drugs that come with warnings such as my increase depression of cause suicidal thoughts.
Back the the communities claims about the numbers of people with disorders. Mental disorders are mental processes and/or behavior patterns that cause distress and/or substantial impairment in functioning. The claim is that people that develop issues do often get better by changing there thought process. Many issues are corrected in just a couple of years this includes drug regiments theories, but not for patient.
I also know that it wasn't long ago that people with serious disorders were stuffed into institutions which pushed them out of view of the public. Thinks have changed and many of the institutions have closed and the patients hit the streets, which too often leads to sending them jail or prison or death in the streets. Modern Psychology is , yes, imperfect as it is still in its infancy. Not able to help everyone many are helped.
Why did this video get posted here was it to ask for opinions or to change our beliefs. Did it just fit well into conspiracy theory? Why?

Here is a fun video for ya ...its about the barbaric past of treatments. It is educational, but mostly I posting it for the ewh factor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0aNILW6ILk
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 pm

surfsteve wrote:

I remember who gets it in the end of this flick........
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby James Sel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Hear is a one about social learning theory. It is a clip about a well known experiment.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:58 am

This one deals with group psychology. Mostly what is thought up and forced upon people from politicians.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Return to Recreation and Entertainment