GUN LAWS

Any recreational activity or form of entertainment goes here!

Re: Las Vegas Shooting

Postby drdesert » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:17 am

MASS SHOOTINGS: I like to reserve the word terrorism for an act which is done on behalf of a group of people. An act done by an individual is just a mass shooting or someone going postal. Acts of terrorism are a little more predictable since usually they are done in reaction to some wrong that has been done by a government. Individual acts are just some person who is angry and that kind of thing is always going to be below the radar and not easy to anticipate. Random shootings like the one in Las Vegas are likely to happen sporadically regardless of anything we do. Even without guns people can still find ways to kill lots of people, but let's face it, guns do make it easier.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Re: Who Was Behind the Las Vegas Shooting?

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 am

sandman wrote:surfsteve: Not buying it. There was one shooter and any supposed evidence to the contrary is either fake or some kind of artifact of some kind of camera glitch or other technologically induced illusion. It would not be difficult for anyone with a little time and a little extra money to do this kind of thing without any assistance whatsoever. Any jerk could pull it off with just a little basic planning and preparation. In NV and AZ gun laws are way too lax, while here in CA they're too strict. I'm not in favor of further restrictions here in CA.

Sounds like you have your mind made up regardless of the evidence and that if you had been there yourself and then come home to see a different version on the TV that you would have believed them over what you saw with your own eyes.

You said yourself that it would require planning and preparation. Studios take months to make films and you believe that someone with a cell phone and Youtube would be able to make a fake video the very next day?

Have a look at the Bellagio videos I posted and let me know if you think they are faked as well and then tell me why you believe that the news agencies who have multi million dollar budgets are telling you the truth.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am

drdesert wrote:MASS SHOOTINGS: I like to reserve the word terrorism for an act which is done on behalf of a group of people. An act done by an individual is just a mass shooting or someone going postal. Acts of terrorism are a little more predictable since usually they are done in reaction to some wrong that has been done by a government. Individual acts are just some person who is angry and that kind of thing is always going to be below the radar and not easy to anticipate. Random shootings like the one in Las Vegas are likely to happen sporadically regardless of anything we do. Even without guns people can still find ways to kill lots of people, but let's face it, guns do make it easier.

I'm not seeing any evidence that this was done by a lone individual other than because the TV said so. If the videos I been putting up are faked show me how it was done! If it's so easy to fake a video why don't you prove it to me by making a fake video of the same thing happening in Trona? I'll bet you can't and that anyone could spot it as a fake a mile away!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Did the Las Vegas gunman act alone?
This is a reasonable discussion of the Las Vegas shooting. A smart person with sufficient resources could easily pull off a crime like this. There is little we can do to prevent these events, but better security is the key to making these crimes more difficult to commit on the scale we saw in Las Vegas.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Las Vegas Shootings

Postby JanuaryJones » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am

Fake News: It would be better that YouTube allow the videos to stay up since taking them down fuels speculation. Then again, many YouTubers know how to play the system by taking them down themselves and claiming that YouTube took them down. That buys them a lot of attention. So, it's anyone's guess as to what actually happened, but the balance of the available info points to the Las Vegas situation being the work of a single person working all alone.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby pcslim » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 am

Distinguishing between actual terrorist activity and lone wolf events is key to successfully developing methods for dealing with the two types of events. Terrorist activity requires coordination between like-minded people who all believe in some kind of extremist ideology. Lone wolves have no hope of gaining collaborators and so they go about preparing for their crimes in a different manner. Although the actual crimes may be similar in a number of ways, there are underlying differences and so the two shoud not be conflated.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:06 am

I tried to find a copy of the original deleted video that the cab driver put up but all I could find was this one which is a portion that contains the audio of the shots being fired preceded by a 2 and a half minute commentary.

The original video had two and a half million views when I had last looked at it so there's bound to be more people that made copies of it.

Videos like the one a few posts above ignore the elephant in the room like this one which clearly record audio of a 2nd shooter involved and cast false doubt suggesting it would have been difficult for one person to bring in that many guns. It would have been easy to pack them up in suit cases and have an unknowing bell hop, cab driver or person off the street, bring them up to his room for a small tip.

Some of the comments in this video dismiss the 2nd gun fire as echos. Of course there were echos but anyone that listens to it can clearly tell many of the sounds were echos and many were definitely not!

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:26 am

I just found a copy that someone put up of the original 18 minute video that was deleted. I wonder how long these are going to stay up before they are taken down by Youtube. Also in the video I posted before someone commented that at the 4:14 mark you can see reflections that appear to be related to the gun fire in the cab driver's mirror.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:51 am

Alex Jones chimes in on the shootings.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:33 pm

When I clicked on this video I thought maybe it was going to have something to do with the shootings. It didn't... Unless maybe you are grasping at really out there, fringe conspiracy theories and have an over active imagination... Never the less it is an interesting story! Feel free to move it if you think it fits better somewhere else.

Why is the Trump Tower so off the Las Vegas Strip?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Recreation and Entertainment